• Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 7,403
Status
Not open for further replies.

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
I am facing strange issue. I was using 2G internet plan for last 21 days (I used 3G earlier, but couldnt recharge 3G as Online 3G recharge was down). After 2G plan expired, I recharged with 90 (which was suppose to give 120 MB). But I got 240 MB data (I was glad to see that).

BUT main issue is I am not getting "3G" symbol on my mobile (Nokia N95). If I select "Dual" network, my phone will have full signal without 3G symbol, but if I select "UMTS", "3G" is displayed, but there would be no signal.

If I try to browse internet, I would get "E" symbol. Now surprising thing is browsing speed is very fast compared to that what I got when I was using 2G plan.

When I was using 3G earlier, I was getting 3G symbol everywhere (home, office, road), but now my phone is not showing 3G network. So I wonder if there is any issue with Tata Docomo 3G in Pune.

Try downloading something and check the speed

Same issue happened with me. SVK just send n sms :: ACT 3G to 121 this will be activate within 5 mins.
BTW. There is no issue with Tata DoCoMo 3G services. I am on Smartpick offer which gives 3GB data at approx 6 to 7 Mb/s for 90 days. with 30 Mins. Video calling free.

Try downloading something and check the speed
Ok. Speed is not as good as 3G (took 10 min to download 4 MB file)

Same issue happened with me. SVK just send n sms :: ACT 3G to 121 this will be activate within 5 mins.
BTW. There is no issue with Tata DoCoMo 3G services. I am on Smartpick offer which gives 3GB data at approx 6 to 7 Mb/s for 90 days. with 30 Mins. Video calling free.
Got message that 3G is already active on my number. (hope there is no issue with my handset).

check with other device.

I will have to check with other device. But Vodafone 3G and Idea 3G is working fine on my handset.I am getting 3G symbol, and browsing also working at 3G speed.

I am trying to access Tata Docomo 3G in 30 KM range (from my home to office), but every where I am getting no signal for 3G. And I have another Tata Docomo sim (which dont have 3G activated), on that too I am not getting 3G signal.I have lodged a complaint with Tata Docomo. Their technician called me, asking my address details. I gave him details, but I am not sure how it would help as I mentioned above I am not getting 3G signal at all in different parts of Pune.

Dear svk,

Kindly provide us your Tata DOCOMO number, your alternate contact number and email ID so that we can get in touch with you. You can also go to the following link - Tata DOCOMO Chat to get your query resolved through a Live Chat with our Customer Care executive.

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata DOCOMO.

Dear svk,

Kindly provide us your Tata DOCOMO number, your alternate contact number and email ID so that we can get in touch with you. You can also go to the following link - Tata DOCOMO Chat to get your query resolved through a Live Chat with our Customer Care executive.

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata DOCOMO.
I have already talked with your Customer Care, and they were less helpful. All their suggestions about trying different handsets didnt work as well. Only thing I didnt do was to visit your authorised shop to check my sim there, because people who "sit" in that shop are even more dumb. I think they may not even understand my problem and (again) ask me to call your helpline! (had experience this earlier)

Dear Svk,

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata DOCOMO.

Dear Svk,

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata DOCOMO.
Are you DUMB or BLIND!!?? (I can't use more abusive words here).

Already you (or your any other agent) asked me this details, and I had replied him. If you are real human (and not machine bot) then please read carefully before replying!

I am hence forth adding this Tata Docomo (and Vodafone India) agents to my ignore list.

Do following. I too faced same issue.—SMS 3GL to 53333 first to activate 3G for your number (Toll-free).— Recharge top up for 100/-. You should have minimum balance when you recharge 3G or GPRS

Status
Not open for further replies.