Ugly Face Of Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter netant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 11,005

netant

۩ ŚŧäГЏЅ ΞПЖ
ISP
Airtel SUKX in hyderabad (shymlal building, begumpet).....

im in home 999 plan.. 256 unlimited...
geting avarage speed of 13-17 kbps when it should be 30- 35kbps
and to much flactuation in the line.
max download i luckely got is 28kbps.
and one more thing if i dont use any download manager DAP or IDM,(that is from from my browser) im geting sped of 3-4kbps. 🙂 only........

i call customer care and they come for an inspection, but what i get from him is nothing but changed all my personal computer settings, like desktop themes.... 😛
aditionally he disabled my antivirus .. :angry:

after2 hours of banging his head in my computer he filled a form and walk away,, after that when i chked the form(customer copy, form number :- 6346), its written that im getting 31.68kbps 🙁

:angry: see my test result:-
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5807/airtelvg4.jpg

or
(if u r not able to see the image just copy and paste this link on your browser)
http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=airtelvg4.jpg

now people can u tell me what shud i do now🙁

dude where do u stay in hyd ??

QUOTE(i_love_you @ Sep 25 2006, 06:08 AM) [snapback]63210[/snapback]
dude where do u stay in hyd ??
[/b]
Begumpet, shyamlal buildings

QUOTE(share @ Sep 25 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]63226[/snapback]
complain again....n fill the form rite this time
[/b]

yup! they may come gain this weekend.

in delhi my bro has the same plan.. the lowest speed he get is 32kbps... and in nighttime his download speed reaches 55-60kbps 😱 (just confirmed )

DUDE how cud u miss Triband in that list?????? I say triband is best a lil costly but the best as far as reliability and speeds are concerned.One more hing ...i'm in the home 699 plan and i get better speeds than the ones mentioned by u, during the day

QUOTE(mystery_inc18 @ Sep 26 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]63318[/snapback]
DUDE how cud u miss Triband in that list?????? I say triband is best a lil costly but the best as far as reliability and speeds are concerned.

One more hing ...i'm in the home 699 plan and i get better speeds than the ones mentioned by u, during the day
[/b]

right.. in delhi service is far better.....

im waiting this month then i will aplly for data one

here is again report of my speed, (all speeds are measure when net connection is idle, it restart computer.. opensite and took the speed test to ensure that nothing is sucking the speed in Background.)

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3016/delatestlo9.jpg

Chi chi.... it that 256 dedicated line?

Sify was far better then this ... i mean it..... 🙁
thanks!

QUOTE(i_love_you @ Oct 4 2006, 03:43 AM) [snapback]64080[/snapback]
y dont u take BSNL..
[/b]
🙁 wasn't much aware of BSNL, and they r govt thingi 😛 so......

hey Netant what OS are you using

I have been following your post regarding low downloads; as you have mentioned in 192.168.1.1 post that when you log into the modem configuration post, it takes longer to load, this shows the problem lies in your system;

1. Go to TCP IP properties; check

a. "obtain IP address automatically:
b. then below use the following DNS 203.145.184.13; Alternate DNS 206.56.250.5
c. click OK

if the problem persist try below

2. Go to www.dslreports.com; do a tweak test; and follow their recommendations

the sites u have done tests from r non-asian servers and hav a very high latency(200+ for me).

so to get more accurate speed test results, use indian speed test servers where latency is low

like this 1

by da way even hathway suxx big time in ur area.. frequent dowtimes .

QUOTE(uba687 @ Oct 4 2006, 11:00 PM) [snapback]64164[/snapback]
hey Netant what OS are you using
I have been following your post regarding low downloads; as you have mentioned in 192.168.1.1 post that when you log into the modem configuration post, it takes longer to load, this shows the problem lies in your system;

1. Go to TCP IP properties; check
a. \"obtain IP address automatically:
b. then below use the following
c. click OK

if the problem persist try below
2. Go to www.dslreports.com; do a tweak test; and follow their recommendations
[/b]

what OS are you using:- XP (service pack-1)

DNS 203.145.184.13; Alternate DNS 206.56.250.5, im have exactly the same settings

im big fan of www.dslreports.com, all screen shorts test i done there only.

QUOTE(katpasin @ Oct 4 2006, 11:10 PM) [snapback]64166[/snapback]
the sites u have done tests from r non-asian servers and hav a very high latency(200+ for me).
so to get more accurate speed test results, use indian speed test servers where latency is low
like this 1
by da way even hathway suxx big time in ur area.. frequent dowtimes .
[/b]

ha ha ha ha ah :lol: h ahaha ..
ok tell me the servers in india from where i can download!! to get the correct speed..... (u sounds funny)
i, infact most of us opted hi speed for download only... for mail-chk n all even 200 rs hourly pack enough for the whole family 😛

why airtel only fails to bring data from outside india? its doesn't have valid pasport the problem lies in your system

could u explaing what kind of problem? as as far as i see my system is as health as possible.

thanks all for ur comments... thanks a lot

ohh yes i forget to tell u guyz fron 1-2 days connection drops i every 15-30 minutes and again come bach in 5-10 minutes in night time .. after 10Pm...

GIFT FOR katpasin
dont mind but this i got in first test 😛
i haven't re-tested

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5691/05wincemt3.jpg

if not openign see this:-http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=05wincemt3.jpg

ENJOY!!

oh here is ta screen which shows whats connected to internet at the time of doing test:
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/664/untitledoa9.jpg
alt link:- http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledoa9.jpg

jhoomo nacho..........

yesh karo..

ha ha ha ha ah h ahaha ..
ok tell me the servers in india from where i can download!! to get the correct speed..... (u sounds funny) [/b]

u need to go bak to ur school and try to learn english.( i know its difficult for u )

go thru my post again

[/b]

now only if u knew english, u wuld understand that i say " speed tests from non-asian servers(which have high latency) affects speed.

if u still dont understand lemme give u a example of ur favorite speed test site

go here and check the "Enemy 7: Hop counts, latency" title.

if u cant understand tat, i cant help u.

k tell me the servers in india from where i can download!! to get the correct speed.[/b]

now whr the hell have i mentioned about indian servers for downloading.
ok... u wanna dwnld at full speed from indian servers then try dwnlding this

ur dwnld speed will be quite slow compared to the server's upload speed.( i have got 2mbps from tis indian server)

Now tat sounds funny aHahahaha

why airtel only fails to bring data from outside india? its doesn't have valid pasport , or visa problem.
why not BSNL sify??
my frien has sify getting 31-32 speed... without any issues.[/b]

now shud i laugh at tis joke ?? :lol: :lol:

now wat can i say about ur frnds... a 256kbps conn shud give 31-32 ideally. maybe the distributor is gud or maybe they r lucky, i give a damn.

i speak practically, and if u hav read the little paras i asked u to read earlier, u wuld know tat thr wuld always be a difference wen checking speed from a server having high latency and from server from low latency.

i used hathway in banglore for some time.. i im tellig its its the best service i got in last 5yrs. dono about hyderabad yaar... most of my friend has sify n BSNL n r pretty happy.[/b]

i hav frnds in begumpet, who often complain of disconnections and low speeds from hathway.

now a RETURN GIFT FOR NetAnt

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/4449/24zf6.jpg

incase u cant c > http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/4449/24zf6.jpg
hope u know about bits( b ) and bytes( B ) funda

keep dreaming about Mbps connectivity!!

and ab jaake aish ,,,oh sorry YESH kar

Dont mind, i am juz trying to be polite 😉 😉

katpasin, i havent been following this thread closely but how the hell do you get 300-500KBps speeds?

wen aksh first launched itself , they had only 1 pack, tat was 256kbps unlimited, but speeds were fully uncapped. so used to get max speed possible in my line(10mbps max supported by my line). practically i acheived upto 8Mbps, wich i hav captured in a screen too. aksh started capping after 3 months, but still speed was upto 2Mbps, thn a month later, they made all 2Mbps packs as limited(but sum packs were nite unlimited) but used to get speed upto 3Mbps.now they r supposed to be installing sum core routing system, for wich they say speeds has been reduced to 760kbps.