• Thread starter Thread starter suraj_singh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,650

suraj_singh

Regular
ISP
mtnl broadband
i activate 599 combo plan of MTNL i want to know how much bill usually genreate in 1 month. i ask mtnl employes he says 715 rs for a month. i installed new broadband so give me also link i can pay bill through net banking.

Bill amount was Rs 661 per month till March, 2012. I bought the modem from the market instead of renting it from MTNL. If you are renting a modem the add the modem rental and service tax into your bill.Please not that service tax was being charged at 10.3% for bills that came till March, 2012. In the last budget service tax was raised from 10.3% to 12.36%. So bill will increase slightly.

"Bill amount was Rs 661 per month till March, 2012."how much now r u expecting from april ? which modem u buy ? how much price it has ? now if i want to give their modem then can i give to their lienman (who is installing). or i have back through in written latter.

This month I'm expecting bill of about Rs 674.I bought a Belkin wi-fi modem/router for about Rs 2200. You can buy a basic modem without wi-fi for much cheaper. Price of basic modem without was Rs 1200 some 2 years back. It must be even cheaper now.I opted to buy my own modem when I submitted my application for a new connection. So, I don't know how to return a modem. Perhaps you can visit the nearest MTNL office and ask them?

Stand alone modem (beetel) should cost around 500 bucks .

if i returned thier modem will my bill come down if yes then how much i expect ?

Just got this month's MTNL bill and bill amount is Rs 673. As I mentioned earlier, it doesn't include router/modem rent as I bought the modem from market.

if i bought new modem in 500 rs. then i can save 50 rs from my bill.another que. is in wifi modem how can i surf net will their wifi modem is wireless i have to installed wifi driver in my laptop. i m lilving in okhala where there is no wifi zone.

Basically wifi is your personal wireless network. What you're thinking about is a wireless hot spot. If you get a wireless router modem, you could use your internet connection wireless-ly within the premises of your house.

Basically wifi is your personal wireless network. What you're thinking about is a wireless hot spot. If you get a wireless router modem, you could use your internet connection wireless-ly within the premises of your house.
in 599 plan will my bill always come 720 rs. (as mtnl worker says)every month or only first month. if i change my plan to 795 how much bill i expect ?

1. Rs 599/- for broadband, Rs. 72/- for service tax. some 0.3 % education cess = around 673/- + if you have modem on rent (Rs 50/- rent for normal modem and Rs 75/- for wifi modem)
You will get 100 Local Calls free. Local calls more than 100 will also be charged.

Don't know is it true or not, one mtnl employee told me some time back, if you pay modem rent for 3 years, then no need to deposit modem when you surrender the connection.

2. For Online payment of bill go to this site,

Login

then enter your landline no, CA no. and your email address (any email address you have).
After login, you can see past bills, pay unpaid bills through net banking, credit card etc, or download the digitally signed payment receipt.

For checking downloaded / uploaded volume, go to this site

MAHANAGAR TELEPHONE NIGAM LIMITED

enter your user name (Phone No) and password (CA no) to login. (Try it on browsers other than IE, I am facing problem with IE)