MTNL Broadband: Switching to Xpress Combo Unlimited Plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter AvidWatcher
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 7,705

AvidWatcher

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 1 mbps Unlimited, Vodafone 3G
Hi all,

Is it possible to switch from normal MTNL landline plans to Xpress Combo Unlimited?

I'm currently on Plan 699 (Local Unlimited) and plan to discontinue owing to increased mobile usage.

Also, for MTNL Landline tariff change, does the local call center help (as in broadband switching plans) or we have to approach the QCS in person?
an
Thanks!

----------

Also it says here:

MTNL Broadband Combo plans

>> Rent free Landline will be provided with no free calls. Does that mean we can receive calls for free, since they have a separate tariff for incoming calls only @ Rs 150.

Yes, It will be incoming free without any extra cost.

Hi all,

Is it possible to switch from normal MTNL landline plans to Xpress Combo Unlimited?

I'm currently on Plan 699 (Local Unlimited) and plan to discontinue owing to increased mobile usage.

Also, for MTNL Landline tariff change, does the local call center help (as in broadband switching plans) or we have to approach the QCS in person?
an
Thanks!
----------

Also it says here:

MTNL Broadband Combo plans

>> Rent free Landline will be provided with no free calls. Does that mean we can receive calls for free, since they have a separate tariff for incoming calls only @ Rs 150.

Incoming calls on landlines have ALWAYS been free IMO, the Rs 150/- you mention is the monthly rent for a connection where ONLY incoming calls are allowed. You can call 1500 & make the change.

BTW I am on the Xpress Combo Unlimited 600. 🙂

Thanks for the info IndianMascot and Socrates.

the Rs 150/- you mention is the monthly rent for a connection where ONLY incoming calls are allowed.
BTW I am on the Xpress Combo Unlimited 600. 🙂

So just to confirm Socrates, you pay only Rs 600 plus service tax @ 12.36% for 2 Mbps up to 8 GB and 512 Kbps afterwards and free incoming calls. You are not paying additional Rs 150....right?

Yes right. But I was on the 250 plan for telephone which had 60 free calls now that is gone also the rate for calls is Re 1/- for pulse

Thanks for the info guys..appreciate it!!Another question..I called 1500 and changed to Xpress Combo Unlimited 1000.Currently my D-Link 502T Modem page shows Data Rate as 1024 kbps download and 512 kbps upload. Will that get changed automatically by the MTNL Exchange on May 1, as per the plan offering of 2 mbps.

They should do it logically but in case they dont then write to the GM (Broadband)

Thanks what's his email. Could you pm me?

In the Xpress Combo plans, do we have to pay extra for the landline? On MTNL site is says "Landline outgoing call charges: Rs. 1/- per pulse (as per Landline 250 plan)". So will they charge Rs.250 extra every month as telephone rent?! I don't wish to use the phone (No incoming or outgoing), just the internet.

If you take a combo plan then there is no phone rent. The sentence ‘Landline outgoing call charges: Rs. 1/- per pulse (as per Landline 250 plan)’ refers to the definition of the ‘pulse’ which for plan 250 is
Local Call Pulse Rate
To MTNL Mumbai N/W is 180 Sec
To Other Landline operator is 180 Sec
To Other Mobile operator is 90 Sec
Source: Landline Tariffs
Of course taxes are extra. If you are an existing customer then call 1500 & ask to change to the plan of your choice. If you are new to MTNL & are applying for a new connection then its better you enquire with them if they have something which suits your requirements. From what I see on their site currently you might have to apply for plan 150 (incoming only).

From what your siggy says you are a 'King'. What the heck you should be able to afford any plan. :thumbup::applause::rofl:

Thanks for your reply.

From what I see on their site currently you might have to apply for plan 150 (incoming only).
But then I'd have to pay extra Rs. 150 per month?! And possibly with taxes?! Or do I have to take it just once, and then from next month, disconnect the phone scheme and use just the net?

Thanks for your reply.

But then I'd have to pay extra Rs. 150 per month?! And possibly with taxes?! Or do I have to take it just once, and then from next month, disconnect the phone scheme and use just the net?

From your question I presume you do not currently have a MTNL connection in that case there are other forms to fill, the cost of installation/depossit will be there (check here) But if you opt for a combo pack there is no rent on your landline. But if you go to the exchange please enquire for the latest info.

Alright, thanks again for the info. Last time (almost an year back) I asked them and they told me to first get a telephone connection and then pay another Rs.250 as rent every month. Hence I didn't take it. Hopefully it will be rent free this time or if I have to pay just for once Rs. 150 for incoming connection, then too I will take it. But if I have to pay EVERY month a phone rent (which I'd never use) then I'll look elsewhere!Yeah, I am the king, but I don't wish to unnecessarily waste my people's 'lagaan'!