MTNL Broadband: Switching to Xpress Combo Unlimited Plans?

AvidWatcher

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
May 6, 2006
Hi all,

Is it possible to switch from normal MTNL landline plans to Xpress Combo Unlimited?

I'm currently on Plan 699 (Local Unlimited) and plan to discontinue owing to increased mobile usage.

Also, for MTNL Landline tariff change, does the local call center help (as in broadband switching plans) or we have to approach the QCS in person?
an
Thanks!

----------

Also it says here:

MTNL Broadband Combo plans

>> Rent free Landline will be provided with no free calls. Does that mean we can receive calls for free, since they have a separate tariff for incoming calls only @ Rs 150.

socrates

Retired
Regulars
Jan 29, 2007
@socrateszero
Hi all,

Is it possible to switch from normal MTNL landline plans to Xpress Combo Unlimited?

I'm currently on Plan 699 (Local Unlimited) and plan to discontinue owing to increased mobile usage.

Also, for MTNL Landline tariff change, does the local call center help (as in broadband switching plans) or we have to approach the QCS in person?
an
Thanks!
----------

Also it says here:

MTNL Broadband Combo plans

>> Rent free Landline will be provided with no free calls. Does that mean we can receive calls for free, since they have a separate tariff for incoming calls only @ Rs 150.

Incoming calls on landlines have ALWAYS been free IMO, the Rs 150/- you mention is the monthly rent for a connection where ONLY incoming calls are allowed. You can call 1500 & make the change.

BTW I am on the Xpress Combo Unlimited 600. :)

AvidWatcher

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
May 6, 2006
Thanks for the info IndianMascot and Socrates.

the Rs 150/- you mention is the monthly rent for a connection where ONLY incoming calls are allowed.
BTW I am on the Xpress Combo Unlimited 600. :)

So just to confirm Socrates, you pay only Rs 600 plus service tax @ 12.36% for 2 Mbps up to 8 GB and 512 Kbps afterwards and free incoming calls. You are not paying additional Rs 150....right?

socrates

Retired
Regulars
Jan 29, 2007
@socrateszero
Yes right. But I was on the 250 plan for telephone which had 60 free calls now that is gone also the rate for calls is Re 1/- for pulse

AvidWatcher

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
May 6, 2006
Thanks for the info guys..appreciate it!!Another question..I called 1500 and changed to Xpress Combo Unlimited 1000.Currently my DLink 502T Modem page shows Data Rate as 1024 kbps download and 512 kbps upload. Will that get changed automatically by the MTNL Exchange on May 1, as per the plan offering of 2 mbps.

AvidWatcher

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
May 6, 2006
They should do it logically but in case they dont then write to the GM (Broadband)

Thanks what's his email. Could you pm me?