• Thread starter Thread starter Hardik7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 15,371

Hardik7

Aparigraha
ISP
You Broadband
Today I received an alert on my TS+ HD. It was regarding the availability of wireless solution for Video on Demand service of Tata Sky. I have been waiting for availability of such device since the company launched VoD. Wired Ethernet connection from home router to STB spoils the aesthetics of the room. Thank you to Tata Sky they are providing Netgear Wi-Fi Ethernet bridge solution which solves this issue. The Netgear Wi-Fi bridge dongle takes Ethernet cabling into the box & gives Wi-Fi signals out. This dongle connects to the STB with a small Ethernet cable of about 3-4 inches. The dongle has a Wi-Fi capability and hence connects directly with the home Wi-Fi router. This eliminates the need to stretch long wires across the living room. You can call up the Tata Sky customer care center and request for the dongle. Installer will come to your home and set-up the dongle for you. The Tata Sky price for this solution is Rs. 1975. No installation charges apply.

the same can be done with any cheap wireless router that supports DD-WRT..just needs a little bit of technical expertise though

Good solution offered by Tata Sky 🙂 if you plan on going for a Ethernet based Wi-Fi dongle from the open market find out the warranty period. Netgear provides warranty for a period of one year.

Can someone tell me the exact model number for that Netgear bridge that Tata Sky provides?

----------

From HD, DVR, Tata Sky+ HD Guide

"The customer can also purchase Netgear or any other Ethernet based Wi-Fi dongle from the open market. In that case Tata Sky will undertake the installation of the dongle but will not guarantee its performance."

I thought by having those dongle we could download those movie directly through TS Dish....