Why do we have to pay for missed call alerts?

• Thread starter Thread starter dOne
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 7,436
Status
Not open for further replies.

dOne

Curious
ISP
BSNL 500 Combo
Why do we have to pay for in-efficient coverage of service provider?I'm talking @ missed call alerts. I do get those once in a while saying that:"You had X missed calls, to get details of last 3, send some SMS,25p/SMS"I mean this is really outrageous, Service provider is asking money toprovide details of calls which I missed due to service providers faulty network.how does it make any sense. Why should we pay for your poor coveragein fact they need to refund some amount or at least provide details for free.I remember BSNL use to provide those details for free, but Tata Docomois charging for same

atleast tata docomo charges Rs. 7 per month. Compare it with following: Airtel: Rs. 15 per monthVodafone: Rs. 30 per month. Others i don't know, but except BSNL, everyone charges for missed call alert.

Dear CustomerThis is a chargeable service.Thanks and RegardsCustomer CareTata DOCOMO.

@TATADOCOMO - I believe this is a known information that it is chargeable. The real question of the Original Poster is why is it chargeable. Now if you can enlighten him & us about the same, it would be great.

^^ Never expect such useful info/answer from him. (Waiting for Standard reply hehehe.)

BTW, Tata DOCOMO :: Do More with Prepay mobile phone

Missed Call Alerts !
A 100% free service!

Why should we charge you for doing our 'job'? Its your 'right' to know in case there is a Missed call for your number!
Our Missed Call Alert comes pre-activated on your TATA DOCOMO. This service enables you to know the phone number of the person who called you while you were out of coverage area or when your mobile was switched off.

http://snag.gy/0EDQb.jpg

See the hypocrisy?

Dear Customer

This is a chargeable service.

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata DOCOMO.

Great, but why Chargable?
Do u expect customer to follow your network or towers?

If they provide Everything for Free they should even Sell their undies to Run their CompanyOk right back to the point why Charge for missed call Alerts? how do you think they will manage their towers maintain them.. and pay their Employees.. and Raise Good amount of profits?

This is still cheaper than that femtocell crap of AT&T. There you have to pay for that mini home cellular tower equipment along with a monthly fee not to mention internet charges.

It is chargeable because when you are extreme indoor or in basements its not there mistake that network doesnt reach your phone.It is chargeable because its not their responsibility that you use a good phone which provides better connectivity.(Network connectivity degrades with time.)It is chargeable because when you keep your phone switched off (Not their problem).

It is chargeable because when you are extreme indoor or in basements its not there mistake that network doesnt reach your phone.
It is chargeable because its not their responsibility that you use a good phone which provides better connectivity.(Network connectivity degrades with time.)
It is chargeable because when you keep your phone switched off (Not their problem).

Your points are valid.
However, the question is of the hypocrisy of tata docomo (as correctly pointed out by mehrotra.akash http://snag.gy/0EDQb.jpg)
They could easily have said that the MCA (missed call alerts) facility was free for, say, for 3 years. But why "Why should we charge you for doing our 'job'? Its your 'right'"

Also, i think it makes a better business sense to provide MCAs free of cost. Most of the users try to call back to the person for whom he has received MCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.