Indonesia Earthquake - 11th April 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 13,290
Kolkata hospitals :Shoot:

Better they all collapse now itself. Can anybody enlighten why Kolkata hospitals are having so many infants death ??

Because Kolkata don't need any more kids...already parks are full of kids 😛

Heard TV9 did a splendid job. Seems they will soon overtake India TV. Surprised they were not trending on twitter as most people on my timeline were very angry on their coverage...

Not a very good idea I am afraid.

Also, more, like you 😛
"Thousands flock to Chennai beach to see 'live tsunami'"

8.6 magnitude quake in Aceh triggers tsunami fears in India - The Times of India

----------

It was disappointing to read this. All those behaving as if its an air show or something. Imagine, the law & order problems they would cause and how they would affect rescue operations, if something bad really happens.
I think Earthquake is a more Safer calamity than Tsunami 😕...I don't want to feel like a idiot to stand in a beach and say..."Ow..Tsunami..let's see what it looks like"
But yea i wouldn't mind at all feeling a earthquake standing in a open space ground though 😕

On open ground you are unlikely feel much unless its strong, and if its strong its not good news for others. So better not ask for something that is bound to harm others.

Kolkata hospitals :Shoot:

Better they all collapse now itself. Can anybody enlighten why Kolkata hospitals are having so many infants death ??

Because Kolkata don't need any more kids...already parks are full of kids 😛

There are hardly any parks and public spaces (a tiny patch of land surrounded by a concrete wall does not a park make!!!!), buildings existing cheek by jowl, encroached footpaths (still no word on hawker policy)... and the list goes on and on 🙁

Kolkata Govt. hospitals are death traps. Not only infants but also adults are likely to die if they're admitted. Nurses are overworked (very high patient-to-nursing sister ratio), the highly unionised Group D staffers rule the hospitals and the "Doctor babus" have multiple obligations (read consultations) and couldn't care less.

Unscrupulous Private hospitals which overcharge at the slightest pretext are for those who can afford them. Between the Devil and the deep sea everywhere.

Rural people need to be provided with better amenities asap or we will never see the end of this.

There are hardly any parks and public spaces (a tiny patch of land surrounded by a concrete wall does not a park make!!!!), buildings existing cheek by jowl, encroached footpaths (still no word on hawker policy)... and the list goes on and on 🙁

Arrey,I was just joking 😀 Ya now a days i hardly find any parks...all are high rise buildings 🙁