• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5,106

pratikr

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Hello Every one,

I had one 7 year old Airtel Gujarat (Postpaid for 3 year, after that prepaid) number. I was using it in delhi circle from last 3 year (out going call one or twice a month but regularly got SMS alert from ADTV because i am also ADTV customer). Suddenly i notice that my mobile did not get any network. I checked the SIM on other mobile but result was same. I tried to call from other mobile to my Airtel number but got message that"number is not valid Please check the number".

I am delhi and i hardly get time to visit Airtel Relationship centre also not know if Airtel Care of Delhi could help me or not. So i asked my friend to visit one of them in Gujarat. He just told me that my number has been deleted from their system so they cann't tell me why my number has been disconnected. But they told that if you phone do not use for any outgoing call in period of 45 days this would be happen. IS it True?

I mailed Nodal Officer of Gujarat and Airtel Customer Care. After 48 hours i am still waiting for reply.

I had trusted Airtel for for 8+ years. But i just loss my trust in Airtel.

At end I would like to suggest that
Never go for Airtle Prepaid.

All companies are adopting similar policies as they seem to have a need to recycle the numbers. Sad about you losing the number, but frankly speaking you are unlikely to get anything different from other providers. But, it would be useful if they first send SMS out informing about the potential disconnection in advance.

All companies are adopting similar policies as they seem to have a need to recycle the numbers. Sad about you losing the number, but frankly speaking you are unlikely to get anything different from other providers. But, it would be useful if they first send SMS out informing about the potential disconnection in advance.

I never like Vodafone/ Huth but in this matter Vodafone is far better than Airtel.

This is what Vodafone Says
Prepaid Customers:

Services to your mobile number would be discontinued if there is no usage i.e., no Voice Calls (incoming or outgoing), SMS & Data for any continuous period of 60 days. No refund would be given for any unused talk time balance and validity of the card. Number will be unusable post disconnection.
Customer with lifetime validity needs to do mandatorily recharge with Rs.200 cumulative in 180 days to avoid disconnection.

Postpaid Customers:

Services to your mobile number would be discontinued if there is no usage i.e., no Voice Calls (incoming or outgoing), SMS & Data for 1st 2 bill cycles post activation date.

Posted on their site
Prepaid, Postpaid, Online Recharge - Services | Vodafone India

I remember someone posting on this forum,that even Airtel had 60 days as the limit.

Oh... Are you suggesting to go and apply for a new connection & ask for the same specific number?

Yep. 🙂 I think they have a time period of 2 to 3 months after which the number is available for anyone to take. Before that you can ask for your number but with a postpaid connection.

Yep. 🙂 I think they have a time period of 2 to 3 months after which the number is available for anyone to take. Before that you can ask for your number but with a postpaid connection.

My friend asked for this number in postpaid but not able to got it.

I will ask him to visit other Airtel care. I also mailed them let's see what happen.

What is the procedure to get the number through postpaid? My dad passed away. His number has been deactivated.. But I want the same number back definitely..

I read somewhere that you just have to prove to them that you were the last owner of the number. I suppose in this case you explain your situation and share your Father's ID as proof.