Mukesh Ambani

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 6,057
I DONT THINK SO:Boy Zip:

----------

money doesnt matter here..........what matters is "if there is an opportunity to make money in the business"..........which i think is not the case here.........

Great - So more reason for speculation after "they met during an I-P-L match". Come on, seriously? They will meet to discuss this during a match?

Mukesh Ambani is more intelligent than that. The aviation business is something Anil would find interesting, not Mukesh

Rather than that Mukesh will be more interested to help Govt if Indian Railways is Privatized 😛

Ratan should buy it. He had plans to start "TATA Airlines" again, but cancelled the plan as a minister asked bribe.

As Far as I had heard Ratan Tata stories, he is the evermost honest guy in Indian Corporate World. He is not only down to earth but even the one who had donated billions & billions of property to Govt as charity. Hats Off to the Man :worthy: !!

A true entrepreneur always turns a mistake(in people eyes) into a oppurtunity. I wont be surprised if mukesh buys the kingfisher airlines, may he is seeing something which we are not able to see.

Ratan should buy it. He had plans to start "TATA Airlines" again, but cancelled the plan as a minister asked bribe.
Air India was known as Tata Airlines earlier, before govt of India Nationalize it and turn it into National Carrier - Tata Airlines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^Finding ways to spend excess cash available with him?
Exactly 🙂

Mukesh Ambani plans telecom re-entry - ft.com
Billionaire industrialist Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries is preparing to bid in India's forthcoming mobile auctions, with potentially far-reaching consequences for the country's battered USD 32 billion telecoms market, according to people familiar with the group.

The move would intensify competition in an already cut-throat sector and set India's richest man on a long-term collision course with the country's two leading mobile operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone.
Close observers of the elder Mr Ambani say his auction plans carries wider significance, with roots in the break-up of the business empire which his late father Dhirubhai Ambani built from scratch to become India's largest listed company.

"Telecoms has always been Mukesh's baby, it was tough for him to give it up," says one senior Indian business figure, who did not want to be named. "And if they get in they will want to be the dominant player ... In the long term they don't get into businesses where they don't dominate."

Those familiar with Mr Ambani's thinking say his auction preparations are part of plans to augment his 4G proposals with a more traditional "voice" product, a strategy analysts say is more likely to succeed than a data-only offering.

"Reliance will make a big bang entry when they come out with 4G," says one senior telecoms analyst, who did not want to be named. "If they enter the auctions it will sound very clear warning bells to their competitors that change is afoot, because the landscape becomes much, much more competitive in the long term."

True. He is taking so long just for 4g/lte, i don't think he will re-enter into telecom business again when already all telecom firms are bleeding financially with massive debts

he needs voice to complement his data services. data market alone is not big enough. though voip is an alternative. he would need to get the voice licenses to ensure that users can use his lte services on mobile devices. otherwise it would remain restricted to dongles and routers alone.