Comedy Central, Big CBS and other new channels

• Thread starter Thread starter dishboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,026

dishboy

ISP
MTNL
I don't even see these new channels on my EPG list. I called Dish and they said I have put on something new (For Rs. 700) to see this? Anyone know more details about this?

These channels are ON AIR till 15th April....just grab the offer as long as you can...And there is no 700 INR thing..you should at least have Platinum Pack going on..thats all

I don't even see these new channels on my EPG list. I called Dish and they said I have put on something new (For Rs. 700) to see this? Anyone know more details about this?

To view the above channels u need to have a monoblock lnb installed in you dish which costs around rs 300-400.As the transponder space in NSS6 the current satellite has been occupied so all new channels are now being added to a new transponder.On installing the monoblock lnb u will be able to receive signals from both the transponders.Thats it!!!

To view the above channels u need to have a monoblock lnb installed in you dish which costs around rs 300-400.As the transponder space in NSS6 the current satellite has been occupied so all new channels are now being added to a new transponder.On installing the monoblock lnb u will be able to receive signals from both the transponders.Thats it!!!

Instead of getting the Monoblock LNB installed, would it possible to view these channels if I upgraded to TruHD set top box? There is some offer for existing customers to pay Rs. 990 to upgrade (though I cannot locate it on their website anymore). Also, can someone tell if the TruHD STB will work with a SD Television set. I have an 8 year old Sony 27" flatscreen TV. I havent invested in LCD/LED yet.

You should have mentioned that you have a normal STB..i thought you had a HD STB....

You should have mentioned that you have a normal STB..i thought you had a HD STB....
Yes thats an alternative but the fact still remains the same.As soon as u upgrade ur stb from sd to hd u will also need to upgrade ur lnb to monoblock as well.So its upto u.Either u can upgrade stb+lnb or u can update ur lnb only.Also channels added in new transponder are not so important at least for me as I rarely watch them.For u if the channels are of importance plz follow any of the above option.

----------

Yes Tru HD box will work with a sd tv set as well.But you wont be able to enjoy the clarity of hd picture. U would receive hd channels in sd mode.

Yes thats an alternative but the fact still remains the same.As soon as u upgrade ur stb from sd to hd u will also need to upgrade ur lnb to monoblock as well.So its upto u.Either u can upgrade stb+lnb or u can update ur lnb only.Also channels added in new transponder are not so important at least for me as I rarely watch them.For u if the channels are of importance plz follow any of the above option.

----------

Yes Tru HD box will work with a sd tv set as well.But you wont be able to enjoy the clarity of hd picture. U would receive hd channels in sd mode.
Dude..as soon as he upgrades to HD...LNBC will get updated by the technician..thats pretty much obvious..don't you think...

Dude..as soon as he upgrades to HD...LNBC will get updated by the technician..thats pretty much obvious..don't you think...

Yes I have already mentioned that in my post.For HD channels monoblock LNB is a must.So on upgradation to HD monoblock lnb will automatically be installed on his dish.