Good Free Antivirus for PC

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 4,698
D

Deleted member 13033

hey!I have been using Avira for some time now...just had a look in the disk space it has taken realized it is more than 4GB :annoyed: I am thinking of shifting to MS essential will it take care of all virus...trojans and so on......does MS essential has a firewall ?I need this for my Home PC which is running XP.

MSE is a great antivirus software by Microsoft. I am using it, and not even a single infection till date. It detects almost all Autorun based viruses from USB drives too. Give it a try.No, it doesn't have a firewall. I don't think any free antivirus software have a firewall, except Comodo Internet Security. Correct me if i'm wrong.

yeah avast is better. have tried avira in the past. now i use avast.

Tbh, kaspersky (internet security) costs 700 odd bucks now, and Ive found it to be better than avast. No idea about avg though.

I was a fan of MSE but it left my sister's PC all messed up due to virus. She made me go to her house all the way to Borivali to reinstall windows. So I purchased Kaspersky 3 user license for 899. So far so good!

hehe strange. i installed it on an uncle's machine who is well not very technical and it has worked great for him. he does not of course venture on social networking sites so is not tempted to click on potentially malware links 😛 he was however confused with fake antiviruses. told him to ignore them 😀

Its So easy to Find AVG Key.. So You can Try AVG Internet Security 2012 Paid Version 😀 😛

i've used Kaspersky and avast . .both are awesome but they take a lot of memory. Using ESET smart security 4 since 2 and half years . .no probs till date. finding the username password is also dead easy. And it updates daily