bsnl 3g and usb modem help needed. any review from Kerala

Well....sorry but you have your need figured out..and so are the plans in front of you...!!And about the modem...thats a good one...no doubt about it...if you buy online...especially this modem....make sure you buy it from a reliable source...

yes. unlocked modem is where I am confused. some says, the life of these modems(Huawei) are less and there is overheating issue also. is this true? what about micromax and beetel brands for modem?

Get from Bsnl only prepaid 3G sim if you wish to use BSNL 3G internet and get a appropriate 3G data pack apart from FRC.UMG 1831 is the most stable 21mbps data card (not over heating like Huawei K4505) and buy UMG 1831 from Ebay (unlocked version) around rs 2400.For all practical purposes 7.2 mbps data cards like Huawei E1731 /1732 /1750/e173/E1752 is the best and they sell in Ebay below rs 1400 (unlocked version with no sim and no free data)Avoid BSNL provided data cards like bubonic plague and ignore all Indai branded data cards like Beetel,Micromax etc. Stick with Huawei only as Mediapartner software is the best.

Get from Bsnl only prepaid 3G sim if you wish to use BSNL 3G internet and get a appropriate 3G data pack apart from FRC.
UMG 1831 is the most stable 21mbps data card (not over heating like Huawei K4505) and buy UMG 1831 from Ebay (unlocked version) around rs 2400.
For all practical purposes 7.2 mbps data cards like Huawei E1731 /1732 /1750/e173/E1752 is the best and they sell in Ebay below rs 1400 (unlocked version with no sim and no free data)
Avoid BSNL provided data cards like bubonic plague and ignore all Indai branded data cards like Beetel,Micromax etc. Stick with Huawei only as Mediapartner software is the best.
Thank You very much. So, K4505 is less preferred? there is another huawei model e182-e available and claimed have latest chipset. any feedbacks.

If you are going for a huawaei..then go for 1831 only...Micromax has good modems too...currently using one...didn't have any issues so far...used about 2 years as of now...still good..no heating issues....1831 has some heating issues AFAIK....i don't know if it has to do with luck...But never the less..as i told you just buy it from a reliable source....