Airtel Broadband do not replaces* faulty modem anymore?

• Thread starter Thread starter sachin_
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,286

sachin_

ISP
BSNL
I have Linksys WRT54G router which I am using with the Airtel's Beetel ADSL 2+ modem.For the last two days the modem is getting rebooted frequently due to the line drop, Airtel's technician is saying that the modem is faulty and they do not provide the replacement anymore and I need to buy the modem myself.He said that as an alternative Airtel can also give me a new modem with 1 year warranty but I need to pay for modem's price.I am using airtel broadband since 2006, and on the Swift 1099 (2 Mbps till 25 GB then 512 kbps till 100 GB) plan.Is it true that Airtel do not replaces* faulty modems any more?*With no extra cost burden to the customer?

Yes, it is true. Airtel does not replace their modems anymore. You will need to buy a new one.

Yes, it is true. Airtel does not replace their modems anymore. You will need to buy a new one.

Hi.. the same with me.. I am using Huawei smartax mt880 and the ADSL link is orange.. all of a certain. Not sure the same can be any config issue or modem fault.

Airtel saying we need to purchase new modem cost 1100 🙁

Is my modem really fault or config issue...?

same here....Using Airtel 440TXI (LAN/Wifi)....Link Drops Frequently (Using Lan Interface)....Call the cc they advice me Change the modem and pay Rs. 1800)Then I change the interface (Lan to Wfi) and also modem place.Now my Modem is working fine..