Google Android 4.0.4 update for Nexus S!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 4,626

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I was worried that it might not arrive on my phone because I updated to ICS manually using a build from the Google servers. No more worries now. I was THIS close to rooting the phone and installing this update manually last night!

I am yet to get ICS update :upset:, I am on Vodafone network.

do one thing. run the checkin command once every couple of days. i had run it day before. i wonder if that changed anything!

I already tried that command couple of times this week, hoping for something to happen :redface: . Probably would have to wait another week for it.

if you have the t-mobile edition, you can technically upgrade to 4.0.3 manually like i did 🙂

I bought it in India so probably not T-Mobile edition, anyway I was lazy and reluctant to take the manual route. Partly due my wrong expectation that google would released the official update around Jan-Feb.

I have the same T Mobile Nexus S. Plus I myself did a manual update for 4.0.3. I still haven't got a pop up for the update! Thinking of rooting and flashing my phone now! 😕

just wait man. i was in the same boat as you. just give it a couple of days more. run the checkin command once a day and ensure that it has data connectivity. google has been rolling it out pretty fast and you should get it sooner or later.

Good you didn't. The one in India is a i9023 thing. With a SLCD and a different radio.
The 4.0.3 update was released only for the T Mobile variant.

----------

What network are you on btw?

Dude! Same here! Uuuuurrrggghhh!! How's 4.0.4 btw? The battery issues seem to have been solved, right?

hard to say about the battery as i work from home and rarely go out. but performance has improved for sure.

Cool. displaying changelog on the screen itself. Damn, Waiting for Galaxy nexus since Jan. Now it seems samsung will not release it in india after 6 months.

Well, you had already NS.I am using P500. Everytime i see it's 3.2 inch screen, i cringe. Can't tolerate it anymore.At the max will wait till april end, otherwise will get it from grey market.only thing stopping me currently is the Warranty Issue from the grey market