Google Android 4.0.4 update for Nexus S!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 4,629
😕 you drag down the sliders to set your own limits. i have not found much use for it considering i hardly use 100-200MBs out of my 1GB (or 2GB?) quota.

Its quite useful, if you're on 3G. 😉

right. if it is going to be accurate. in the end, your carrier would have their own method of measuring your usage. 🙂 i am stuck with edge so i am not using this feature on my phone. 🙂

right. if it is going to be accurate. in the end, your carrier would have their own method of measuring your usage 🙂

I've no other way of checking data usage (mtnl 😛). But yes, if you're on some insanely expensive 3g network, accuracy does matter.

i am stuck with edge so i am not using this feature on my phone. 🙂

OT, but is the S3 worth waiting for ? And, specs aside, how has the usage experience been on the one X as compared to the nexus s ?

display is wonderful. not liking sense very much. camera is super fast. size is well a large enough to demand both the hands. i think one s would have been a much better model as an upgrade from nexus s. too bad it was not launched and the display on that one is not very nice.

Maybe you can install different launcher or something 😕

----------

Maybe after some time .. root as well 😀

my issues are not with the launcher itself. my problem are with the changes made to the core of the platform. 🙂 these cannot be replaced by the launcher.

----------

another example:

now i have to keep a widget on the homescreen to quickly access silent/viberation modes.

exactly. instead of adding to the menu, they removed useful features from it. i mean it's insane. they have dumbed down the OS so much that it pains me deep inside 😀

no clue. i do not listen to songs on the phone 😛 it came with regular headphones though which is what they are doing internationally as well.

For this update, do I need to back up everything? (I know it's always recommended, but in case it's confirmed that it does delete everything, then I would want to be doubly sure).

everything was preserved for me when i updated manually from 2.3.6 to 4.0.3 and when the ota updated from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4.

For this update, do I need to back up everything? (I know it's always recommended, but in case it's confirmed that it does delete everything, then I would want to be doubly sure).
I just did my upgrade from 2.3.6 to 4.0.4 today, nothing was deleted. The upgrade process is really quite hassle free the entire process took less then 5 mins.