Google Glass

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 24,917
Looks nice in videos.... 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guzn8Fz45b0First publicly released video shot by Google Project Glass!

It was one of the most amazing keynotes ever and that video was ****ing cool.

I didn't really find the glass presentation to be cool or exciting. What they basically did was show off a head mounted 3G/wifi/whatever (they didnt even tell...) streaming camera with a display strapped in front of your eyes. That's not really groundbreaking stuff. And we knew that much about gooke glass already anyways. Everything else is still in development. The skydiving, bikes and ropes were pretty meh too IMO. Smokes and mirrors. Gets the attention but that doesn't change the fact that they were pointless. The google glass needs to get really really small. Right now it's huge. Maybe one day when it's small enough to be noticeable and is built into my prescription glasses, itll be somewhat practical. But in its current form (I know its in alpha and will change, but doubt it'll change too much anytime soon), its not really much more than a gimmick which will make you look like a nerd. Worst part is that its not even going to be public for 2 years minimum. And then too it'll be quite some time before it becomes practical. It sure has potential but I'm not interested in something which will take half a decade before it becomes practical and useful. Who knows what's going to happen tomm, let alone 3-5 years later.