Micromax launches funbook

• Thread starter Thread starter nfps
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,142

nfps

ISP
Airtel
My first post at BBF 🙂Micromax launched funbook at 6500. 1.2 ghz processor, 4gb internal memory and 512mb ram. 6500 is a bargain but i am not sure how reliable micromax would be. People using micromax mobile pls post your opinion. How would it compare against blackberry playbook? (I know it is much more expensive but it is the cheapest one from trusted brands)

consider micromax tablet to be a chinese tablet. i would still suggest blackberry tablet if you want a low cost tablet and you need it basically for web browsing and not apps.

you have to make a choice... android tablets would have support for better apps. blackberry tablets are a good value for money purchase. if you extend your budget, it might be a better idea to go for the ipad or ipad 2.

My first post at BBF 🙂

Micromax launched funbook at 6500. 1.2 ghz processor, 4gb internal memory and 512mb ram. 6500 is a bargain but i am not sure how reliable micromax would be. People using micromax mobile pls post your opinion. How would it compare against blackberry playbook? (I know it is much more expensive but it is the cheapest one from trusted brands)
512RAM sucks sometimes in case of heavy application load.
Agree with chromaniac, micromax is sophisticated Chinese product. They keep quality in mind but I think they prefer to sell cheap product to increase sales.
No alternative of iPad. Apple brought iPod in the market first. Then, all companies started adopting it. Now, apple iPod is vanished when budget comes but also some are there who are addicted for buying Apple product.
I recommend you to go for original one Apple iPad if you can afford.

consider micromax tablet to be a chinese tablet.
Even in this age of globalisation, we do take a lot of pride in made in India products. More so when the market is flooded with made in China stuff. The Micromax Funbook proudly flaunts its made in India tag and is said to be the first 'swadeshi' tablet. Our review device was manufactured at Simmtronics Semiconductors Limited, Roorkee, Uttarakhand.

I am not sure if that's better or worse.

you have to make a choice... android tablets would have support for better apps. blackberry tablets are a good value for money purchase.

if you extend your budget, it might be a better idea to go for the ipad or ipad 2.

Yeah that was my concern but after watching lots of reviews I am bit inclined towards blackberry although I hate BB as a smartphone. But I came to know that blackberty is trying to add most of android app to to its platform. is that true ?
Talking about Ipad , it is bit out of budget. Just want to have a idea of tablets for fun purpose nothing that serious use, so trying to stick with good value for money tablet. 🙂 ...
and yes My one use would be to connect to my HDTV so HDMI port is must for me.

Ok.. About the Android App thing - Basically they have come up with an "Android Player" which is capable of supporting upto Gingerbread (Android 2.3) . But the Apps need to be converted to from Android (.apk) to Blackberry (.bar) format (procedure is simple) & tested & submitted for approval. Once its approved it will show up in the AppWorld (Blackberry Store).

Now, not too many companies seem to be interested in going through this whole procedure & hence we have very few Android Apps which are available for download now officially.

On the other side, Blackberry has allowed the tablet to run in developer mode, in which you can "sideload" (Kind of pushing an app to the tablet) without going through the store. This is basically to allow the devlopers to test their converted app & fix issues & then submit them to AppWorld.

But people are using this exploit to sideload a lot of the popular Android apps & running them on the Playbook tablet. There are over 100 popular Apps which are available for sideloading by this method.

----------

Another word of caution, since the sideloaded Apps are not available officially through the AppWorld & hence are mostly untested. And that means stability could be a concern for some of the Apps.