• Views Views 1,326

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
All editions of Vista to ship on a single DVD release
Software giant Microsoft has confirmed that they would be shipping all the editions of their upcoming Vista operating system on a single DVD release.

Last edited:
so that means that if u want to install vista then u need at least a dvd drive

the rc1 is around 2.2 gig. so if u split them into CDs we can safely say 4 CDs. i doubt ms would take the pain. multiple CDs would mean increased shipping and packaging cost. and more chances of a failed installation for the end user.reminds me of the 22 floppy set my dad's office had for the Win 95 installer. and 6 floppy set for win 3.1. those days are coming back to haunt us. 🙂dvd drives are cheap now. 1100 bucks in my city. a combo is 1300 in my city. would be cheaper in major markets.

i bought a dvd burner, since im always downloading off the internet.. 😉 i installed vista on my test partition which i use to play around with stuff.. im pretty bored with it, the user control thing is so annoying,, and for some reason it didnt let me create a pppoe connection, saying failed to create.. i spent hours trying to figure that out and then gave up, only to find out that it worked fine on the next boot.. On the other hand, i was pretty impressed with the hard ware detection, it detected everything.. my obscure webcam.. even the cheap bluetooth device that some chinese firm made.. i couldnt find drivers for it on xp despite looking for hours on the internet.. anyway, im installing Apple os/x on my computer again.. makes ppl wonder 😀