• Thread starter Thread starter raman_286
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 67
  • Views Views 16,327

raman_286

Regular
ISP
BSNL
Guys after watching a video of Rajiv Dixit that our toothpaste contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)...which is a poison..I googled it and found that infact its poisonous (although there are conflicting views)...So, I shot a mail to the Colgate Pamolive India and asked about the safety of the product...Here's what I got...

Dear Mr. Singh,

Thank you for contacting us with your query. Your interest in our company and our products is greatly appreciated.

Colgate Toothpastes have been proven safe and effective. You can be assured that Colgate-Palmolive will introduce products into the marketplace only after their ingredients have established an exhaustive scientific record of safety and efficacy. Regulatory agencies in Europe, the United States, Australia and in many other countries have reviewed the safety data of our products and approved them for sale all around the world. Please rest assured our products are safe to use.

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) is an important ingredient in the majority of marketed toothpastes because it aids in the cleaning of tooth surfaces and prevents the attachment of bacteria to teeth. SLS has been used safely in toothpaste for over twenty years and each year four to five billion units of toothpaste with SLS are sold around the world. There is currently no evidence that an SLS containing toothpaste is a health risk in any way. In fact, numerous studies from independent laboratories support the safety of SLS containing toothpaste.

Regulatory agencies in Europe, the United States, Australia and in many other countries have reviewed the safety data and concluded that SLS is safe as commonly formulated in toothpaste, shampoos and other personal care products. No leading regulatory agency has raised any concern of SLS being associated with any health risk nor have any of these agencies prohibited its use. For example, in the United States, the safety of SLS was reviewed by the Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR) Expert Panel. This panel is comprised of leading scientists, physicians as well as representatives from government, consumer groups and the personal care industry. The CIR Review Expert Panel found SLS safe as commonly formulated in personal care products.

We hope you will continue to rely on our company for quality products and services and that you will contact us again if you need additional information or have any further questions.

Regards,

Hima Mehta
Head - Communications

What do you guys think..??

well rajiv dixit is dead since.......2010 and i think it was his agitation against mnc's and gandhi family which caused him to be dead and no talks in the media..............what do u think???

i use one of those medical toothpaste that are designed for sensitive teeth. has worked well for me. i cannot handle the sweet taste of regular toothpaste anymore.

i use one of those medical toothpaste that are designed for sensitive teeth. has worked well for me. i cannot handle the sweet taste of regular toothpaste anymore.

Which one? Sensodyne or Colgate Sensitive? My mom has used both, and she finds Sensodyne more effective than the latter.

Colgate Sensitive is crap. Sensodyne and similar toothpaste are much better for sensitive teeth. Emoform is also cool.

^ I have one molar which has a portion eroded at the base and it has become sensitive. Saw the ad of the new colgate pro sensitive (small pack comes for 70 something) and thought of trying it. It worked. This is the first time a product has delivered for me apart from medicines of course 😛 . Searched the net and found it works by depositing tiny particles in the small tubules. Tubule blocking its apparently called. 75% reduction in sensitivity atleast for me on that tooth.Edit: admin wrote an entry so adding a few things. I am talking about the new Pro sensitive toothpaste not the regular sensitive (blue gel toothpaste). This toothpaste is the same as sensodyne. Read a paper on it few days back. Strontium chloride is has. God knows what it is though.

^ I have one molar which has a portion eroded at the base and it has become sensitive. Saw the ad of the new colgate pro sensitive (small pack comes for 70 something) and thought of trying it. It worked. This is the first time a product has delivered for me apart from medicines of course 😛 . Searched the net and found it works by depositing tiny particles in the small tubules. Tubule blocking its apparently called. 75% reduction in sensitivity atleast for me on that tooth.

try using a proper medical toothpaste like emoform. results are likely to be much better. you might not like the taste initially but eventually you get used to it. 🙂

i once used amway tooth paste , was insanely expensive like all amway product...............but i liked it very well at that time..after tube was empty , i used my regular toothpaste and guess what..................................my regular toothpaste tasted like rat shit............even after brushing with it, i felt like i had not brushed my teeth...................i think amway toothpaste was made to be addictive:suspicion:

and i thought amway products were supposed to be cheap because they are a single brand manufacturing shit load of products and are more like rebranded oem products. 😕 and yes, toothpaste can be addictive. once you develop a taste for a particular brand, it is not easy to switch to something else. and i get the same feeling when i use regular toothpaste after using medical ones. it does not feel like you have brushed even after brushing properly!

amway is a shit company.............very highly priced............how do u think they give moneyback to the members??????

well the taste of the new Pro sensitive colgate is similar to pepsodent., so much so I thought first they are selling me pepsodent repackaged in to a smaller tube with insane amount of money. 😀Oftopic: Remembered an old movie made by that national film institute or something, it was a silent movie. A murderer injects poison in the victims toothpaste. Next morning the victim is killed as soon as he brushes.