Suggest a wireless router for ACT Broadband

elamukil

[OP]
Mar 29, 2012
Hello everyone,This is my first post on the forum. I am using act broadband. When I called the sales guy regarding wifi modem he said any dsl modem will work. I am now confused (also my act cable has only 4 wires unlike my other ethernet cables). I dont want to buy some cheap wifi modem Instead I am ready to buy some standard modem so that i can use in future also. Can I buy any wifi router (I am planning to buy cisco 4200 ) will it work with act bb or is there some special kind of modem with DSL input.Kindly help me

ACTian

Regular
Regulars
Dec 15, 2011
Hello everyone,
This is my first post on the forum. I am using act broadband. When I called the sales guy regarding wifi modem he said any dsl modem will work. I am now confused (also my act cable has only 4 wires unlike my other ethernet cables).

I dont want to buy some cheap wifi modem Instead I am ready to buy some standard modem so that i can use in future also. Can I buy any wifi router (I am planning to buy cisco 4200 ) will it work with act bb or is there some special kind of modem with DSL input.

Kindly help me

Hi

Yes you can use any wifi router and btw we do not support DSL router. If someone from our team has given the input, then it is wrong sorry about the miscommunication.

rgds

elamukil

[OP]
Mar 29, 2012
Hi,Just need a little extra clarification. The router I am planning to buy is having "internet" input. I saw some cisco routers with "dsl" input. Can i go ahead and buy cisco 4200 which has "internet" input. BTW I got the connection very fast and till today the connection is very stable and fast as promised. I had a very bad experience with tikona and was worried about ACT also but now I am satisfied with my decision.Also if I decide to get a router from ACT what will be the model?Thanks in advance.

ACTian

Regular
Regulars
Dec 15, 2011
Hi,
Just need a little extra clarification. The router I am planning to buy is having "internet" input. I saw some cisco routers with "dsl" input. Can i go ahead and buy cisco 4200 which has "internet" input. BTW I got the connection very fast and till today the connection is very stable and fast as promised. I had a very bad experience with tikona and was worried about ACT also but now I am satisfied with my decision.

Also if I decide to get a router from ACT what will be the model?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for becoming ACT BB customer, we only provide our OEM wifi router under ACT brand.

rgds

elamukil

[OP]
Mar 29, 2012
Hi,Guess you missed my question : Can i go ahead and buy cisco 4200 which has "internet" input?

ACTian

Regular
Regulars
Dec 15, 2011
Hi,
Guess you missed my question : Can i go ahead and buy cisco 4200 which has "internet" input?

Hi, Obsolutely no problem as long as it supports RJ45 at the WAN port.

rgds

dudenk2007

Mar 25, 2012
Hello everyone,
This is my first post on the forum. I am using act broadband. When I called the sales guy regarding wifi modem he said any dsl modem will work. I am now confused (also my act cable has only 4 wires unlike my other ethernet cables).

I dont want to buy some cheap wifi modem Instead I am ready to buy some standard modem so that i can use in future also. Can I buy any wifi router (I am planning to buy cisco 4200 ) will it work with act bb or is there some special kind of modem with DSL input.

Kindly help me

Hi,

Yes, you can go for Cisco 4200 router. It will work just fine. ;-)

I am using Belking N450 with my ACT Connection.

Regards,
Gaurav

Nishanto Das

Apr 20, 2012
Hi,I also got a new ACT Broadband connection.I have a Netgear Wireless Router.I want to set it up.Could someone please help me and provide me step by step instructions on how to configure the wireless router.

netant

۩ ŚŧäГЏЅ ΞПЖ
Regulars
Apr 23, 2006
Somewhere
Hi,

I also got a new ACT Broadband connection.

I have a Netgear Wireless Router.

I want to set it up.

Could someone please help me and provide me step by step instructions on how to configure the wireless router.
I havent used ACt personally but, normally the steps are :- connect the internet cable to WAN port, set your router in PPPoE mode, fil in your username & password there.
thats it.

Cheers !

saurabhk01

May 20, 2012
Hello everyone,do any one know which wifi router act people providing now days?I called executive he said about D-link router but no model information.My laptop ethernet port stopped working and repairing cost is quite high so shifting to wifi router.Please help.