India Against Spam: Report spam SMS on Google Android!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 484
  • Views Views 34,416
Would be nice to have - Unfortunately though by tracking over a period of time, it seems obvious that they have (Illegally? ) obtained a series of numbers & send telemarketing SMS (through Software I feel) ... Always the content asks you to call another number.. For example.. 10 days ago, I got a message with XXXXXX1234 , now I get with XXXXXX1980 ..with same content, asking me to call the same number for a service.... so does seem like they are discarding the numbers after sending spam mailsI am sure, I will not be the only one complaining & since they have not stopped, they must be using dummy numbers/SIMS obtained illegally.

i get spam from same provider using different number in the same series.

so it is clear that they are losing their connections but getting new ones.

complaining is still better than doing nothing about it.

earlier i had to send sms manually. took me around 2 minutes to complain about one sms using airdroid. this should make it much faster.

Oh - No question on that, I complained as recently as 4 hours ago.. So I am not saying we should not complain. It is just that feels a bit frustrating that they the spam telemarketers seem to be getting away scot-free...

----------

Err... Also, you could consider hiding some details of some credit card transaction you did... 😉

----------

And the policy details 😀

Shit not working for me........... Dear customer your complaint not in correct format :thumbdown: idea delhi......... Helll

ok. i am guessing that different operators are still using different formats for the complaints. the app is using a format that is at least accepted by airtel. please contact the developer and inform him of the issue!

^^Can you tell him to provide a support for Symbian devices too.. 😀I know its kinda under rated...

There are apps for spam SMS for Symbian I think. I remember seeing something a while back. Even otherwise, the phones come with a block option which can be put to good use.

The apps you are speaking are for old symbian..series 60,series60v3/v5..I'm having a Nokia belle..i've gone through a lot..but didn't find any...And the block option is for calls[blacklist] only 😕But thats a plusy any ways..

i doubt you would find an app for ios because Apple does not allow third party apps to access the sms inbox from what i have read.

i doubt you would find an app for ios because Apple does not allow third party apps to access the sms inbox from what i have read.

If i'm not wrong..there are only few of iOS apps which are made by 3rd party..which can actually access user data..Apple is kinda narrow when it comes to developing