Charged In Excess Of 2000 For A 500 /- Limited Plan

I was using the 600 /- 128 kbps unlimited plan for 3 months, decided to check out the 256 Kbps 1Gb download limit plan for a month.After 15 days of usage, i didn't like the report usage and called up customer central who informed that they get the report usage only after the period is complete. They asked me to email airtel about it.This is what i wrote:When i checked the usage from 21st July to 6th August, the usage reports 74884 units and a unbilled amount of 877.56. When i sum up the MB's downloaded, it adds up to 700 plus MB. I have a 1GB download per month for which I am supposed to pay 500 /-. So, what the hell is 877 /-? Also, give me a valid explanation of 700-800 MB in 15 days when the usage has never heen that high. I called up customer service and they say that they do not have the data to give the details. And they told me that they can give details only after the billing cycle is complete. WOW, what an answer! I have attached a screenshot of the usage details. If you can't give me a valid explanation, please switch my package back to the earlier one that I was using (Unlimited - 600 /-). I am expecting a reply ASAP. "Today as per bill for July-August, i am supposed to pay 2440/-.I called up customer central that I didn't receive a reply to my email and I do not intend to continue with airtel or plan to pay the bills if this is not sorted out. I informed that I am not going to pay more than 500/- for that period.After manually adding up 700MB for the first 15 days, i barely used the connection, fearing to exceed the limit of 1GB.Any suggestions, feedbacks would be appreciated.If this is not addressed in the proper manner, i am switching back to sify....No way i am paying 2440 for a 500 limited package.

Another good reason why no one should go for plans with limits.....

QUOTE(josephprashant @ Sep 22 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]62951[/snapback]
I was using the 600 /- 128 kbps unlimited plan for 3 months, decided to check out the 256 Kbps 1Gb download limit plan for a month.

After 15 days of usage, i didn't like the report usage and called up customer central who informed that they get the report usage only after the period is complete. They asked me to email airtel about it.

This is what i wrote:

When i checked the usage from 21st July to 6th August, the usage reports 74884 units and a unbilled amount of 877.56.

When i sum up the MB's downloaded, it adds up to 700 plus MB. I have a 1GB download per month for which I am supposed to pay 500 /-.

So, what the hell is 877 /-?

Also, give me a valid explanation of 700-800 MB in 15 days when the usage has never heen that high.

I called up customer service and they say that they do not have the data to give the details. And they told me that they can give details only after the billing cycle is complete. WOW, what an answer!

I have attached a screenshot of the usage details. If you can't give me a valid explanation, please switch my package back to the earlier one that I was using (Unlimited - 600 /-).

I am expecting a reply ASAP. "
Today as per bill for July-August, i am supposed to pay 2440/-.

I called up customer central that I didn't receive a reply to my email and I do not intend to continue with airtel or plan to pay the bills if this is not sorted out. I informed that I am not going to pay more than 500/- for that period.

After manually adding up 700MB for the first 15 days, i barely used the connection, fearing to exceed the limit of 1GB.

Any suggestions, feedbacks would be appreciated.

If this is not addressed in the proper manner, i am switching back to sify....

No way i am paying 2440 for a 500 limited package.
[/b]

After 15 days of usage, i didn't like the report usage and called up customer central who informed that they get the report usage only after the period is complete. They asked me to email airtel about it.

This is what i wrote:

When i checked the usage from 21st July to 6th August, the usage reports 74884 units and a unbilled amount of 877.56.

I called up customer service and they say that they do not have the data to give the details. And they told me that they can give details only after the billing cycle is complete. WOW, what an answer!

I have attached a screenshot of the usage details. If you can't give me a valid explanation, please switch my package back to the earlier one that I was using (Unlimited - 600 /-).
uNQUOTE
I COULD NOT GET MY USAGE DETAILS in Airtel selfcare webpages for the past two months.
the server is being upgraded and BB users could neither register or access usage details.
I would appreciate if you tell us how you accessed the 15 days usage data.

Para two : Normally Airtel billing period is from 26th to 25 for each month.
Verify when they have reflected change of tariff plan ( date)
Better to send email to customercare for change of tariff plans. Depending on your location you can find the next authority to CC for redressal.
In my case it was one Mr Abu Backer. who provided me the usage details for a fortnight.
Then I downloaded Dumeter and keeping track of my daily/weekly/monthly usage www.dumeter.com

Once in a while i am able to access my usage details page, most of the time it is not accessible; however if u r persistent it may load up.is there a way not to pay the 2400 and also continue with the connection, what do i do, i wish to continue with airtel

Thats the biggest problem in Plans with limits opf any sort.There is no proper way you can check the usage level . The details provided in Airtel homepage ondata usage is mostly out of date.It is never up to the minute or even up to date.That was the reason I migrated to 699 unlimited. Yes speed is crap,but atleast some peace of mind.