Suggestion about internet with tablet.

• Thread starter Thread starter ajay24
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1,950

ajay24

ISP
Bsnl
I have a tablet Asus transformer prime. I want to take bsnl internet connection for it with wi fi. Will it work? I don't have any pc or laptop. Please suggest me.

Yes, a wifi connection will work perfectly 🙂

Does the tablet support wifi connectivity? If it does, it will work irrespective of a pc or laptop. All you need is a wifi enabled modem (which I presume will be provided by BSNL).

😀 i do not think any tablet lacks wifi connectivity 😀

----------

he would also need a modem that can verify user account on its own!

It has wi fi. I am worried about the setting of the modem. Will tablet directly work over it? Which modem verifies username on its own?

reliance requires login through a web page. it should work fine considering you have a browser to login. airtel/bsnl does not. so they are safe. some other isps use software which are not going to work on an android tablet.

I guess most routers have to be initially setup through a LAN connection(wifi password and all), but after that you should be fine. but if you buy one with WPS support it should work directly I guess if the tablet too supports it.

^^iinm, most routers ship with the wireless hardware enabled, and, you can connect to the unsecured network on first boot and change whatever stuff you like.