High Ping DNA-A211 -I Help Help Help

• Thread starter Thread starter Nikhil Soni
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,066

Nikhil Soni

Previously i made a thread regarding ar800v3.0 modem https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/77147-very-urgent-help-needed-ar800v/#post611622
My problem was solved as suggested by x720 {thanx}
But since I was facing frequent DSL dropping i complaint to BSNL and they replaced my modem with DNA-A211[Type2]
Now my DSL is not dropping and i have a stable connection...
But this time problem is really pathetic Since I replaced my modem my latency goes to minimum of 120 in CS 1.6 [I am a pro gamer and Can't play at this sad ping]
which was earlier stick around 70-100ms
I have BSNL ULD 750 plan my neighbour has 625 plan and he gets ping around 40-50ms
However Download Speed is not an issue I am getting promised speed of 64KB/s aka 512kbps
but this ping is really very annoying Here is the ss of speed test

Post a tracert to google. Iinm, youre on a bad gateway. What is your location ?

Your routing omg, the trace goes from India to the US and back. The gateway, youre on is pathetic. That tracert should return a ping of 30 ms at maximum. Nothing your router can do about it. Try changing dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

I have changed my dns to google's dns [as u told]
now here is tracert result

Is it OK ? Well my router has an option for static routing where there is a field of IP address ..... Can we do something there ?

----------

My new speedtest result after changing DNS

Still not satisfied as I have seen many Gamers who get a max. ping of 60 in CS and they too use BSNL Broadband ....
Don't know why i AM facing this problem 😢

Gateways are alloted randomly. Perhaps, you'll get a better gateway tomorrow. I too had this issue last month, has been fixed now. Not.much you can do.

OK but can u tell me is it possible to allocate gateway manually ?And one more thing i want to tell is that my neighbour and 1 of my friend has BSNL 625 plan and they get a superb ping of 40-60ms but even I have much better plan Why don't I get good pings ?OR if possible can I change my gateway from his gateway ? [Just asking don't b serious ] 😛

Nope, if you force connect to a gateway, you connection won't work 😉 . Could you post a tracert from his line / or your friend's, and one from yours too, at the same time. Lets see what gateways does the trace go through.

@x720 Sorry but I am not able to give tracert from his gateway coz he is having PC problem.Any way can u do something for reducing ping ?Beacuse I have seen many people having 625 plan and get 40-60 ping ..If possible plz do something for reducing ping ..