FUP scam!

• Thread starter Thread starter linkingeek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,370

linkingeek

ISP
airtel
Airtel has "myairtel" page for fools who believe in FUP of airtel. airtel has always shown a lot of data usage than actually been used. i have really been fed up, upgraded my plan so many times still data finishes before completion of month still my browsing habit is same as always been actually i have never used more than 15gb still upgrade to 50gb is not enough please tell us the router or software which could track all the systems connected my home to the line so that i could prove fraud of airtel in consumer court.:anger3:
My Plan details:- 50GB 2mbps plan and point to be noticed is that i do not have any other broadband options available in my area whereas 3G is too expensive and wireless like Tikona do not work no matter how expensive plans you take up.
Please help this poor person whose expenses are going up with these scams and budget 2012.
Point to be noticed "track all the systems" above mentioned.

Your router is password protected? Someone else might be using your connection.

I don't think you can use someone's internet connection even if you the password since their is port binding.

Your router is password protected? Someone else might be using your connection.

I don't think you can use someone's internet connection even if you the password since their is port binding.

He is talking about wifi.

Btw have you counted the upload? That amounts to usage too. Many high end and mid range routers offer data counting.. I use Netgear wndr3700. Alerts me when I cross fup.

Enable MAC address control and only allow the devices you own to connect to your network; and have a look at the DHCP/router logs to see which devices have been using your network, then compare those MACs with the MACs of the devices you own, that should give you a fair enough idea.Also, you could use a bandwidth meter to check your own consumption and hence ascertain if airtel indeed is screwing with your fup.

There are still many numbers that aren't port binded.

There are still many numbers that aren't port binded.

Who are those lucky ones!! I remember those days when 1 person takes a plan and many could use it! 😀