TRAI Simplifies Tariff : 3 Colour Vouchers !!

IndianMascot

Addicts
ISP
Reliance, Tata Photon + , MTNL 3G Jadoo
Vouchers will come in three categories- plan voucher, top up voucher and special tariff Voucher (STV).

The Plan Voucher is meant for enrolling a consumer into a tariff plan. A new consumer or an existing consumer can be enrolled into a tariff plan only through this voucher. The plan voucher will tell the consumer about various usage charges like call rate (STD, local, ISD), SMS rate and data access rate etc.

The Top Up Voucher will only have monetary value in rupees (Talk time will be determined by the plan you are using) and will have no restrictions like validity period (each recharge will be for unlimited time) or restriction usage (e.g only for data or only for call).

The third category will be called "Special Tariff Voucher" or "STV" which will alter one or more items of applicable tariff in the consumer tariff plan in terms of limited or unlimited usage of voice calls, SMS or data but does not provide any monetary value. The validity of the STV will be limited to 90 days (can be less but no more).

Simplify mobile tariff plans from tomorrow, telecos confirm to TMI

Yeah that's the reason most operators are on in revising their packs now. Even though it does simplify for rookies, will miss those voice+sms+rate cutter offers which were popular on TD and Idea.

What vouchers ? is TRAI still sleeping ? Ground reality is recharging (top up) which makes a big cut has moved to online and easy recharge . Even the rate cutters and all others are now on easy recharge. Only the small amount recharges are on vouchers , that too is fading.Dear TRAI , how about you stop spending valuable time in coloring the stuffs like 1 year old kid and revise the base broadband speed to atleast 1or 2mbps ?

What vouchers ? is TRAI still sleeping ? Ground reality is recharging (top up) which makes a big cut has moved to online and easy recharge . Even the rate cutters and all others are now on easy recharge. Only the small amount recharges are on vouchers , that too is fading.

Dear TRAI , how about you stop spending valuable time in coloring the stuffs like 1 year old kid and revise the base broadband speed to atleast 1or 2mbps ?

Telecom Subscriber Base : 656.86 Million
Broadband Subscriber Base: 13.3 Million

So, now tell me how the remaining 643.56 Mn Mobile users would be doing their recharge ??

Even my servant does easy recharge,they call up the mobile dealer and ask them to recharge x amount , not online though. Also already all vouchers are colorful , these codes unless explained to rural / uneducated people . isnt going to serve its purpose much. anyone having mobile knows what recharge thier doing , mobile shop owners themselves have blackboards / cardboards put out to make the "offers of the day" .whatever the color code is , just like the failed DNC registry ( off lately i am recieving 2-3 spam sms) , this is just another stupid implementation , corporates are going to manipulate it independent of the color code. Already Airtel is pleading me via ICICI to do all recharge online..IMHO , the call charges cant go any further low , TRAI should now take up on the GPRS / 3G / 4G and implement base minimum and try to reduce these tarrifs . GRPS is already super costly for such low speed service

Yes, Most of the recharges are happening through e-recharge still no retailer is recharging Rs 10 top-up using e-recharge and so there is huge market of recharge voucher in market .I agree that this color coding is useless. Unnecessary all denominations would have revised now and will create lot of mess. But underestimating Recharge Voucher Market will be a big mistake. Every Telecom and DTH company is investing huge infrastructure in making and maintaining these vouchers.

I think there is a misunderstanding here.What TRAI has done is basically classified the recharges into the three categories for simplicity. All the above types of recharges/top-ups would continue to be available through e-topup methods. The color coding is only for the print versions of the same. I have seen a lot of people carrying printed vouchers with them when they are travelling away from home for easy top-up/recharge. So, there is still demand for the same.I'm sure, the easy topup option still remains valid.---Also, rate cutter combo packs like SMS+call+GPRS might still be applicable, but will have NO talktime in them.For example, a Rs100 STV might give 1000 SMS + 1GB data + all calls at 1p/sec, but cannot have any talktime amount loaded in it.Similarly, the topup voucher has only Talktime in rupees (MRP-Processing charge) which gets added to the main account and can be used for any calls/sms/data, etc.I feel that this is indeed a smart move by TRAI to simplify the prepaid scenario and make life easier for the subscriber.

When one wants to get a talktime , he simply doesnt go and ask the dealer for "xyz" color vouchers. Also how many will ever know what these colors represent . Is dealer going to explain it to the customers ? so basically the general public which is going to go into a shop and order " I want 500 Rs talktime " or " top up sms rate cutter " or "is there any offer for airtel today ? "I am not saying TRAI shouldnt do this , but there are more pressing issues that needs to looked into , like Airtels ongoing fight to get one disconnected , or irregular billing , unnecessary add-ons added automatically etc. The general public suffers more from these than from thier so called "possible ignorance of what voucher they bought"Is TRAI looking into the billings ? customer service ? paid customer service ? X days to get thier problems rectified ? or where is the development in general accessibility to GPRS/3G ?