Got new Act Broadband connection

• Thread starter Thread starter dudenk2007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 16,020

dudenk2007

ISP
Act Broadband
Hi there,After using Hathway for couple of years and then Airtel for 2 years, I opted for Act Broadband. I called customer care on March 18th, 2012 and told them that I would like to take their connection. The next day a sales representative called and as expected he was prompt to sale the connection. He visited my residence and explained me the plans, added to that he spoke about the no installation fee offer which is when you provide them with the bill of your current ISP (zero due balance). I handed over the bill and told him that I need my connection before March 27th, 2012. What was surprising that the next day on March 20th, a guy visited my place and installed the wires.. Whoa! That was quick.. My internet would have started if I didn't have to leave to office so I asked them to continue the next day.. On March 21st my internet was up and running, I am happy getting 10mbps speed as promised. But my main concern was the latency and packet loss, so I quickly opened my Steam and checked the latency on all my favorite servers.. OMG! I am seeing the 20ms latency first time with Mumbai and Delhi servers. Wow, wow wow!! Being a online gamer, all I needed is good latency and no lag. And ACT seems promising here.It's been 4 days using ACT and it's running smooth with no downtime, no lag, no speed drop. They even called me today to take feedback.. I am hoping that Act will not let me down. A lot of my colleagues referred me to use ACT as they have been using Beam in Hyd for years. 🙂A summary about all the ISP's I have used: HATHWAY (2007-2010) - 1100pm - 1mbps line - transfer rate of 128KBPS - latency sucked - packet loss - constant downtime - many complaints but no help.Airtel (2010 - 2012) - 1299pm - 2mbps connection - transfer rate of 256KBPS - good latency of >50-70ms - good video streaming - no downtime - expensive as hell - took 1 month to install the connection - generated a fake bill of 22k - escalated upto appellate officers, took 2 months to get the billing issue fixed - CCR are rudes, never accepted their fault. Act (Since March 21st, 2012) - 999pm - 10mbps connection - transfer rate of 1.2MBPS (You may not get 1.2MBPS of transfer rate when downloading single files or downloading using your browser download manager) I recommend IDM - excellent latency - no downtime yet.I know it's too short time to review. But it has been excellent service so far that worth sharing unlike Tikona who never cared after taking money. 🙂Heads up to Act!Regards,Gaurav

Thanks for the review. Two questions. What are the installation and monthly charges? Is the plan unlimited with or without FUP (please mention the limits) ? Sent from my GT-I9100

Thanks for the review. Two questions. What are the installation and monthly charges? Is the plan unlimited with or without FUP (please mention the limits) ?

Sent from my GT-I9100

There you go:
Normal installation charges: 500 INR
Monthly: 999pm - 50GB FUP - post FUP 512kbps and 1299pm - 75GB - post FUP 2mbps.

Where Airtel and others only give 30gb FUP.

Been a user for over 6 months now. Have gradually moved up to the 1299/pm plan with 75GB FUP,post which it's reduced to 2mbps. It is the best ISP I have dealt with till date. Be prepared for there will be downtime now and then. But nothing to get your blood boiling. I'm very satisfied with the consistency. And they don't harass you for payment like airtel does. Welcome to the family. Well done ACT. Keep it up.

To add ATC BB now has new 10mbps plan with 125GB FUP for Rs2000

Will we get 150GB FUP per month plus 2 months free for 1 year advance payment?

Yes 100%. My advice watch the BB performance for 3 months(if ur new customer). If u think its good, without thinking go for it.

Dear Prabhu, Yes your expectation is right. You get 150GB with additional two months on annual subscription.

rgds

@ACTian

Dude you offer ur BB at Sanjaynagar (AECS layout)??

Hi, AECS layout the infrastructure work is on full swing and you should get the connection from first week of April.

rgds

Any update on your service in benson town.

Hi, currently we do not serve benson town.

rgds

Hi, AECS layout the infrastructure work is on full swing and you should get the connection from first week of April.

rgds

Cool, Do you have any plans for area neat ITPL (Prestige Shantiniketan) ?
If yes, What is the estimated time..

So,even I got the 10mbps connection Now and that is really awesome.Though its only four day old but let me give you review based on my experience.I registered thru website on Thursday morning and by evening I got a call from ACT , as I was not expecting that to be this fast based on prior reviews I was not prepared with Documents. Then on Friday I got a call and I submitted my Document to Sales Guy at 9pm with Rs 2602 (999+st+1500 for wifi router). I received confirmation SMS by 10:30 pm. They promise to do installation and wiring within two days. On sunday .. early morning the wiring was completed and Internet was up... too fast ... not expecting it because of prior review .Ok .. so I was ready with Internet .but Modem was not delivered yet... In an hour first Hiccup hit ... server get down and no Internet ... I called CC and withing 2 hrs the problem is resolved...then again some issue of loss of connectivity , I called the network guys, they were working on that ...but Internet was down whole night ...Gud thing .. the CC was very much responsive as against the reviews on this forum .. Early Morning ... all issues are resolve and Internet started working smoothly and as per the promised speed.So BASE ON EXPERIENCE OF THREE -FOUR DAY HERE ARE MY PROS & CONS 😛ros:1. Gud service (as of now) , they have improved a lot since Aug 2011.2. High speed Internet at minimal cost ... a way above the sucktel and BSNL ,,tata reliance.3 High FUP4 unlimited and unaccounted upload.5 Transparency .. you can check ur usage on daily basis.6. Easy to reach CC.Cons :1. The sales guys need to be more active .. (Please deliver my Modem .. 🙂)