Aashiqui 2 (2013)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 11,405
And after the Star Hunt,

Meet the cast of Aashiqui 2 - Rediff.com Movies

"The two heroes in the love triangle will be played by Shaad Randhawa and Aditya Roy Kapoor, and the girl will be played by Shraddha Kapoor.""

While Shraddha Kapoor is Shakti Kapoor's daughter, Shaad Randhawa, who was launched by the Bhatts as a villain in Woh Lamhe is yesteryear actress Mumtaz's nephew. Aditya Roy Kapoor, who starred in Action Replayy and Guzaarish, is not a star kid, but is UTV CEO Siddharth Roy Kapoor's kid brother.

so basically they did not pick anyone from the youtube auditions and it was just a scam?

Oh, they will give some sort of roles like of Depak Tijori's from Aashiqui .But their major stars audition seems to have happened in their house' tea party rather than elsewhere.

Mahesh Bhatt: Rahul Roy is delusional - Rediff.com Movies

The film is produced by Vishesh Films, which wanted new faces for the film. A talent hunt was conducted and people from all over the world auditioned for the film.

Suri confesses that the talent hunt was a disaster: "Yes, the talent hunt was the reason for the delay. May be I am a little choosy but the people we were looking at from the talent hunt did not match the character. It's not that I have settled for a big star. I think we should start shooting from next month."

Lol. If they think they can do better than the first one then I think they are the ones smoking something weird.

And if you see, all he said was it would be tough act to follow, which is a fair comment, considering the grand success it had, he is not saying that he was a great star or he made it happen (We all know what path his career took after this movie) , If asked, Rahul would probably accept that even they had not anticipated the success. & I dont see why Mahesh Bhatt is criticizing him so much.

Rahul Roy, who starred in the 1990 hit, recently told a newspaper that Aashiqui would be a tough act to follow. Commenting on this Mahesh Bhatt said, "Rahul Roy is delusional. He wants Aashiqui to end with him. When it didn't end with me, how can it end with him? I have discovered him. I think he should wake up and have some humility."

yeap. roy is right in saying that the sequel is unlikely to be as huge. i mean times have changed. even the biggest of hits hardly stays hot in theaters for a week or two. movies starring new actors is hardly going to survive for more than 2 weeks. they really need exceptional music to ensure some longevity. as for the movie, it has to be exceptionally good to do well in the market.

Well, the name itself means it has to be a romantic movie, whereas I see its brainless comedies & masala movies ruling the market. I am struggling to think when was the last super-duper hit romantic movie (Forget the average grossers , or the romantic comedies)

yeap. romantic movies do not do well in theaters nowadays. i think Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na was the last romantic movie to do well and it did well not for the romantic angle in the movie but for the humor element featuring naseer and the khan brothers 😀

I think the name might turn out to be its nemesis, with any other name, they could have easily added masala or added lot of humour (they can still do that), but with this name, they have got to make sure it has some justification for it. Its obvious they want to cash it on its popularity, but it will become a meaningless exercise Also, whats up with this No.2 being added to movies with no relation to the original. Seems a horrible trend that has got started. Atleast Don 2 was a continuation. The random stuff seems a bit too irritating.