Accidentally reset BSNL Modem

While poking around, i accidentally hit the little button at the back that reset the modem. Now the internet button doesn't glow and net doesn't work.I went to the router page->Diagnostics and foundPing default gateway: FAILThe default gateway is automatically assigned, and it shows in the router as10.239.8.1Trying to ping this gives a destination host unreachable.Please advice! At wits end. 🙁

Please provide some more details like router make and model number, how was it set up (PPPoE or Bridged mode) etc.

Mode No: UT300R2UWas set up in PPPoE as far as i remember. Can someone provide a different default gateway to try? I tried 192.168.1.1 as gateway and while diagnostics shows everything as fine if do that, net doesn't work.

Tried. The username was showing as multiplay which i changed to my bsnl username. Saved and rebooted, but its still showing the same, and inet button isn't glowing.Went back and checked, and username had gone back to multiplay for some reason. Authentication though isn't the problem as per diagnostics, keeps saying the default gateway is not reachable. 🙁

Tried. The username was showing as multiplay which i changed to my bsnl username. Saved and rebooted, but its still showing the same, and inet button isn't glowing.

Went back and checked, and username had gone back to multiplay for some reason.

Authentication though isn't the problem as per diagnostics, keeps saying the default gateway is not reachable. 🙁

It seems you didn't save the configuration. After typing the username and password again, there would be a 'save' or 'save/reboot' button. You need to click that to save config.

Nope. Tried again. Made sure to click save and later Save/Reboot on the Advanced Setup page. Accordingly the modem rebooted as well, but with same settings. 🙁

Revert back to bridge mode and create a PPPoE connection on your desktop pc and then try to connect.

Don't get you. Do you want me to try the bridge mode setup from the calcutta telephones link you gave? Forgive me for my noobishness, i don't usually dabble with the router, but the pathetic service quality of bsnl ppl ( who am still waiting for after 3 days of complaining) has left me with no other choice..

Yup, bridged mode as you stated. Once, you do that, create a new connection on your pc, with username pw provided by bsnl. Also, use the mis page for quick resolution of complaints.

Don't get you. Do you want me to try the bridge mode setup from the calcutta telephones link you gave?

Forgive me for my noobishness, i don't usually dabble with the router, but the pathetic service quality of bsnl ppl ( who am still waiting for after 3 days of complaining) has left me with no other choice..

Yeah, the same. Try it once to make sure that there are no issues in connectivity.