NITDroid: Running Google Android on Nokia N9

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,155
But is it that Nokia is officially supporting? Since i remember tjeir statement that they were in absolutely no mood to join the Android bandwagon. :S

Nope. But i was in doubt whether Nokia had actually supported it officially. Few of my friends were claiming this with such confidence, that for once i felt that i might have missed out on some news!

Steve Kondik works for Samsung now officially. That still does not mean that Samsung officially support CM project on their devices.

I wasnt talking about that chap. But, I remember there was a newspost about them doing that (gifting an s2) I'd meant it in a half joking way anyway 😉That said, I think samsung is one of the few manufacturers that doesnt lock the bootloader, I maybe wrong though.

Kondik from what I know is the man behind the CM project. And Samsung gifting them S2 was like so long ago when the project did not have enough funds to get the handsets for development purposes. CM today I think is well financed through donations and whatever resources. My point was simple. Samsung does not officially support or endorse CM project. But considering Android is technically open source in nature... Supporting them means supporting the development of Android project itself.