Re-writable dual layer DVDs

techtata

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 27, 2009
Hi,If I am correct then re-writable dual layer DVDs (DL 8.5 GB) are not available in the market? Am I correct here? Thanks

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
A dual-layer DVD+RW specification was approved in March 2006 with a capacity of 8.5 GB.[2] However, manufacturing support for rewritable dual-layer discs did not materialize due to cost and expected competition from newer formats such as Blu-ray, which provides up to 25 GB on a single layer.
DVD+RW - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kalyan_1980

Regulars
Regulars
Jan 25, 2008
Hi,

If I am correct then re-writable dual layer DVDs (DL 8.5 GB) are not available in the market? Am I correct here? Thanks

No, Its available in the Market, I bought it for Rs. 25. But the main disadvantage is if I try to write the content out of 5 DVD, 2 will gives Error, so i stopped buy DL DVD.

Nishant

::IBF Addict::
Regulars
Jul 15, 2009
Ulhasnagar, MH
No, Its available in the Market, I bought it for Rs. 25. But the main disadvantage is if I try to write the content out of 5 DVD, 2 will gives Error, so i stopped buy DL DVD.

I guess you're again talking about DVD-R DL, which is not rewritable. The talk is about DVD-RW DL.

Toocool

Addicts
Apr 2, 2007
no use of these rw dvd's...............written on it is that can be used 1000 times or something..................but every time they got ****ed up in 5 times max and sometimes less..........sony or moserbaer i am talking about.:Shoot:

Nishant

::IBF Addict::
Regulars
Jul 15, 2009
Ulhasnagar, MH
no use of these rw dvd's...............written on it is that can be used 1000 times or something..................but every time they got ****ed up in 5 times max and sometimes less..........sony or moserbaer i am talking about.:Shoot:

Very true. I still have some lying in my drawer. Even scratchless RWs can no longer be burned again. Have completely stopped using optical media now.

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
Its been quite a while since I used CDs/DVDs on my PC...

And the next day I get a request to burn a couple of CDs