• Thread starter Thread starter mS8^Y4prh8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,445
Status
Not open for further replies.

mS8^Y4prh8

Regular
Hey guys I'm planning to get an EVDO card from BSNL with the Rs750 plan, I just wanted to know what the speed and and signal quality is like around Brunton Road/Trinity Circle near MG Road (I actually live in a private lane in between both landmarks). So if it is possible, could someone from around this area tell me what their experience has been with the EVDO service and post a speedtest?Thanks in advance.

Since BSNL EVDO is not that popular, no of users may be very limited.Have you checked with BSNL CSC the rental option of the EVDO modem? If rental available then after a month or two test drive, you can buy the EVDO data card outright.If not disconnect request and return the data card. Giving security deposit /getting it back etc is a hassle. But atleast You wont be stuck with a proprietory CDMA data card if the speed is horrible.If you get 50 kBps steady , then Rs 750 unlimited is a bargain in the mobile broadband space.

Since BSNL EVDO is not that popular, no of users may be very limited.
Have you checked with BSNL CSC the rental option of the EVDO modem? If rental available then after a month or two test drive, you can buy the EVDO data card outright.
If not disconnect request and return the data card. Giving security deposit /getting it back etc is a hassle. But atleast You wont be stuck with a proprietory CDMA data card if the speed is horrible.
If you get 50 kBps steady , then Rs 750 unlimited is a bargain in the mobile broadband space.
Thanks for replying 🙂 Will try what you suggested....hope I get at least 100 kbps 🙂

for evdo speed depends of tower with evdo hardware and close proximity to it . Like for me the nearest tower is 7 km away which gives me a strong signal therefore letting me have a data transfer of over 220 GB every month and an avg speed of 240 kBps. So if u can check with ur local exchange about tower proximity n signal strength in ur area before going for it

for evdo speed depends of tower with evdo hardware and close proximity to it . Like for me the nearest tower is 7 km away which gives me a strong signal therefore letting me have a data transfer of over 220 GB every month and an avg speed of 240 kBps. So if u can check with ur local exchange about tower proximity n signal strength in ur area before going for it
Thanks for the reply, I've checked the tower map they provided online and there is an EVDO enabled tower 1.5km from my house :smiley-bounce0: definitely going for the trial now....

My tower is just 2mins walking distance from my house. Still from the past few months the speed does not reach over 300kbps during peak hours. Upto 9am in the morning it hovers between 1.5-1.8mbps. and in night tremendous packet loss. may be a problem with tower or some type of capping bandwith.

Thanks for the reply, I've checked the tower map they provided online and there is an EVDO enabled tower 1.5km from my house :smiley-bounce0: definitely going for the trial now....

hey , how can i check the tower map online ? and is EVDO really that good ? i mean u really get 200KBPS+ speed.. ? thats great ..

Status
Not open for further replies.