• Thread starter Thread starter Nikhil Soni
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 7,809

Nikhil Soni

Hi guys,
I am very new to this forum and this is my first Post
I have BSNL AR800V v3.0 Type 2 modem[PURCHASED]
I am having some problems which are discussed below...

1st of all when the line man come he configured my router to connect automatically [Local Area Connection]
and also configured wifi access.
It is working but i Have few problems and even i have resolved them but wifi is not working on resolution[will b discussed later]

Once he setup the connection I can browse web download http,stream etc is working good

But following are not working

1.Counter Strike HLDS
2.Any torrent client [utorrent,bittorent,Limewire nothing]
3.Steam[Counter Strike][Not connecting]

So i searched a lot over google and find port forwarding in modem...
So i forwarded port required in CS but torrents are still not working( I know u guys will say u need to forward torrent ports etc etc)
Steam is also not even connecting.....

Then I started messing up with modem and created a new connection in bridge mode and then created a separate WAN Miniport connection in my Desktop
and all the above worked like a charm BUT the problem is that Wireless is not working
In my laptop[win7 ULti]
Then I tried setting up wireless connection and again created same setting as done by BSNL man 😛 and internet again worked but above application [CS torrent]
again not working...

So I want help from you guys how to create a connection in which I don't need to forward every single port...

And pLease read this (So far I learned this)

I know that in bridge mode Port are not needed to forward as they are by default forwarded [Correct me if i am wrong]
but This works only on my desktop and not in my Laptop
So please tell me how to make a bridge connection which can b shared over wifi [I can connect manually juz like WAN connection]

I hope you understand my problem if you need any screen shot then please reply I will give it ASAP

Welcome to the forum 🙂

Assuming you know your username and password, lets get started.

Perform a hard reset as follows.

Hold the reset button with the power on, for 30 seconds, then while continuing to hold the reset button, unplug the power, continuing to hold the reset button for 30 seconds, and while still holding it in, plug in the power again and keep holding the reset button for an additional 30 seconds. This will wipe the nvram out.

Once that is done, go the the router's interface and select connection type as pppoe. Enter your username and password, save the configuration. Test torrents and report back.

And while port forwarding is recommended, even if you don't forward ports, torrents should work.

Thanx for the reply I did what u said but Torrents,CS and steam are still not working....
Actually what i want to say that I want to forward all the ports so that I don't need to put each and every entry for a separate software...
This was achieved by making a bridge connection and Creating a WAN conn. using control panel but it did not worked in wifi ....[their is no option available for configuring separate connection over wifi ]

see the ss of utorrent YOu can see that i am receiving 0KB/s speed[firewall is Off]

Welcome to the forum 🙂

Assuming you know your username and password, lets get started.

Perform a hard reset as follows.

Once that is done, go the the router's interface and select connection type as pppoe. Enter your username and password, save the configuration. Test torrents and report back.

And while port forwarding is recommended, even if you don't forward ports, torrents should work.

Still no luck torrent are not working

and same problem .....

Is their any way to make the router forward all the ports regardless of protocol ??

Ports are not the root cause of the issue. Do you have a spare modem lying around, and did disable all antivirus and other stuff ? Also, in order for port forward to work properly you need to set the ip of the said device to static.

Is their any way to make the router forward all the ports regardless of protocol ??

it's called DMZ, you can forward it to your PC ip address, basically it opens all ports. But don't do that, it'll lead to lot of people hacking into your PC (i could be one of them 😛).

1. assign static IP for your PC
2. forward ports, to that PC IP address

however unforwarded ports should not stop your download in total, please put windows firewall off and check, also start utorrent in administrator mode.. chk and let us know.

Firewall and Antivirus are not that issue I have even formatted my pc 2 times and disabled all those antivirus causing conflicts....Ok i am going to try the formula of static IP address and see whether it works ....But I still want to forward all the ports without adding them individually ..Is their any option in which all ports can be forwarded automatically ??

Is their any option in which all ports can be forwarded automatically ??

Yep..

it's called DMZ, you can forward it to your PC ip address, basically it opens all ports. But don't do that, it'll lead to lot of people hacking into your PC

ffs, forwarding all ports is naive and will in no way solve your problem. Post screenshots of your entire config.

it's called DMZ, you can forward it to your PC ip address, basically it opens all ports. But don't do that, it'll lead to lot of people hacking into your PC (i could be one of them 😛).

1. assign static IP for your PC
2. forward ports, to that PC IP address

however unforwarded ports should not stop your download in total, please put windows firewall off and check, also start utorrent in administrator mode.. chk and let us know.
Yep it worked but since I have 2 PC's and therefore i need to change the IP of DMZ host each time when i change my pc... 🙁
Ok just tell me one thing and I think my problem will be solved...

Can I create connection in bridge mode [I know I need to create a separate conn. in XP (netw. conn.) and assign the u/n and pw their but I am ready to do that]
so that I can use wifi and rJ45 internet simultaneously ?
because when I tried to connect in bridge mode only my desktop is able to connect internet and wifi sign shows exclamatory in my laptop ....

@x720 Just tell me which screenshot u want I mean modem or PC please specify

Modem screenshots of the config page. When you run dmz, you're essentially disabling the router's page. Since forwarding ports seems to solve your problem, set router in pppoe, forward only required ports to mutiple devices by assigning each one of them a static ip. Also, when ports arent forwarded, what is the tracker's status ?

Here is the screenshot of modem [When DMZ is enabled to local IP ]
When i do this each application works fine
I don't want to forward ports individually
I just want from u is that How to create a connection in bridge mode so that my WIFI can also work ?
Even If i need to configure manually in my laptop i AM ready

http://imagenic.net/viewer.php?file=3p746k6rccnesjuzyuvp.jpg
http://imagenic.net/viewer.php?file=73anwni94l76zh5vfsoa.jpg
http://imagenic.net/viewer.php?file=dbyfz6k942f64mrq.jpg
http://imagenic.net/viewer.php?file=awsgblqp5l3fk9uf8iw.jpg

I'm not sure, but I think you can create a wireless wan miniport on windows. Tinker around with the create a new wireless connection settings in Windows. I cant check that right now, no access to a system . Also, your screenshots arent loading at my end.

Screen shots are opening but the problem is that website ...For opening ss kindly right click on the image icon I am going to chk that soon tomorrow then reply......