Getting 1 Gbps using RDP Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter pomanup
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,224
lol looking at the heading i though op getting those speeds 😀

So whats the big deal man? its not even 1gbps its hardly 300mbps down. Very to get one yourself. just get any VPS and configure it as a remote desktop. Then download whatever u need from the net onto the server. it will download at blazing fast speeds. 😛

If I get what is going on here, he rents a server in europe, connects to it via RDP, downloads movies to the server and then watches it over a terminal server client?As far as I've seen, watching movies over RDP is pretty choppy, even in my wired LAN. Maybe vnc will have better performance.

funny ! 1GBps connection and still downloading 740MB size movie 😛

funny ! 1GBps connection and still downloading 740MB size movie 😛

Time of posting this: 3:30 am

Dude, you need sleep, or else you would have noticed that it's not 740 mb but 10 gb

There are many such facilities which offer this kind of thing - seedboxes and such allow you to do all this too, for a mere 20-40eur a month.Bandwidth in Europe is really not a problem and the whole continent is very well connected 🙂

No, it's more like what a webhost would provide, not an ISP... But any webhost who wants to provide such a service could theoretically rent the space/bandwidth in our DC, but given the current prices of bandwidth, I doubt it would be very competitive.