Getting 1 Gbps using RDP Connection

stoner

Regulars
May 11, 2011
So whats the big deal man? its not even 1gbps its hardly 300mbps down. Very to get one yourself. just get any VPS and configure it as a remote desktop. Then download whatever u need from the net onto the server. it will download at blazing fast speeds. :p

SiriusB

Torrential
Regulars
Jun 11, 2005
If I get what is going on here, he rents a server in europe, connects to it via RDP, downloads movies to the server and then watches it over a terminal server client?As far as I've seen, watching movies over RDP is pretty choppy, even in my wired LAN. Maybe vnc will have better performance.

HerpDerp

Regular
Regulars
Mar 28, 2011
New Delhi
funny ! 1GBps connection and still downloading 740MB size movie :p

Time of posting this: 3:30 am

Dude, you need sleep, or else you would have noticed that it's not 740 mb but 10 gb

mgcarley

Founder, Hayai Broadband
Regulars
Jun 22, 2009
There are many such facilities which offer this kind of thing - seedboxes and such allow you to do all this too, for a mere 20-40eur a month.Bandwidth in Europe is really not a problem and the whole continent is very well connected :)

mgcarley

Founder, Hayai Broadband
Regulars
Jun 22, 2009
No, it's more like what a webhost would provide, not an ISP... But any webhost who wants to provide such a service could theoretically rent the space/bandwidth in our DC, but given the current prices of bandwidth, I doubt it would be very competitive.