Suggestion/Recommendation for an All-in-One Wireless Printer below INR 10,000

• Thread starter Thread starter michschu1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,963
yep like I said everything seems good on the outside, but once you dig deeper everything is a bad thing. Okay am struggling with the number of models because the prices are mentioned wrong or rather lesser, or in dollars, but in reality on Canon India Website the price is really steep! Looks like I'm gonna have to wait one more day... 🙁 Power has gone off for the damn 2 hours load shedding and I don't want to kill my UPS next!!! lol 😉Please throw some model numbers in my friends so that I can look up once power has returned and if I've hopefully not hit a coma! Take care and See Y'all in a while...

Well I called my friend at Ritchie and when I asked for similar printers to HP Photosmart 6510 in Canon, he sent me the lower end model of it which is HP B110a. I asked him now again and he said that he will check again for options in Canon at similar price bracket or if good features available in lower price too and let me know as they said that 6510 is not available! So guess that must have been a good printer for it to have disappeared off the market! My bro-in-law who previously worked in HP(why I didn't ask him earlier?!) also said that the Photosmart & Business range are pretty good printers.However, with my eyes literally dry from overdoing myself with my research I will continue the online hunt for a Canon since they come highly recommended albeit the costly as hell skinny cartridges(which models do you'll use and are they all-in-one with Wifi or not?), till either my neck or back snaps and I lose consciousness 😉 Sucks to be me... Till then still open to suggestions... The sad thing is the Amazon site reviews are not very praiseworthy of the Canons and they are crying hoarse about the very high price per print and easily sucked dry cartridges!I am still wary about the issue of a printer not being able to scan when one of the cartridges run dry! So a heads up about that too would be highly appreciated... Thanks in advance...

hehe. you are making a very big deal out of a very simple requirement. you know what you want. you have found a model that meets your requirement. go for it. why complicate the matter more by researching even further? it is a freaking printer. if you are lucky, it would work well for you and serve you for years. if you are not, a better model might go bad on you in a matter of months. 😛

lol Must you talk about luck with me of all people?! Yep I know how S#!T happens sometimes despite us being overcautious, but then that's been part and parcel of my so called luck most of my life. Thing is the model I zeroed in on is either not available or the dudes seem to act like there is no printer like that! Well I know how it is in Ritchie Street. Half the time, I'll have to be telling them what are the things that are come out and are supposedly good, while I get to hear the most common statement. NO STOCK! Or a pompous prick of a dealer yelling, "Does the customer even know how much it costs?!" and a stupid question like "Who will buy?!!" Err obviously me since I happen to be asking and I won't hesitate to spend if the product is good and has no alternatives at a cheaper price! 🙁Err Seriously bro?! In so many models of printers, you casually say "a very simple requirement." 🙁 It's not like I'm going to get a pair of underwear wherein I can just get something that holds my nuts in place and covers my derriere... lol It is a product that is gonna either cost me or save me some pennies in the future depending on what I invest now and I would prefer it leaving me with my underwear intact rather than r@ping me to the skin with added costs over and above an initial high cost, so it's not really as easy as you put it.The thing is each printer has something either added or left out(the sites are really not all that helpful on that front), and if there is only a marginal cost difference between one and a better featured printer, that also has to be taken into consideration, because one thing I (or rather everyone) hate/s is the "Oh S#!t I could have gotten that instead" (which unfortunately happens ever so often to one and all) feeling creeping into my/our head/s after having an unpacked product on desk! It's not going to be a small amount so making it money well spent is something I always try to be careful about. So just have to wait till the light bulb effect happens. 😉

So after another day and night of reading and loitering around Ritchie Street, it has become obvious that either the dealers are trying to sell off 1947/old stock model printers or want to pretend that there is no availability of the latest models or they are not knowledgeable themselves about the latest printers and their costs. Unfortunately my friend wasn't in his shop so he put me on to one of the dealers who only started quoting half-ass model numbers, and when I asked if it is IP, MP, MG, MX, etc, he had the b@lls to tell me, give it to someone who knows and I will tell them, 😕 I freakin' lost it! I told him I freakin' know what I'm talking about and I need to know because each stands for a different purpose.Then he started gaping when I started blurting out model numbers he probably wouldn't have even heard about and that too the comedy was most were freakin' quoted from the Canon India Website and he still didn't have a clue! Just goes to show the amount of effort and research they put in, so called lazy ass business-minded freaks and pompous pricks! He just told me only two models he knows of and both were vague and lower end models one old and one new! So I decided to ask elsewhere.The info I got is There is MG 5370 which costs around Rs. 10,350/- The feature lacking on this model is Fax and Ethernet port, though different sites of Canon itself are doubtful with confusing info regarding Ethernet port. Canon India shows no Wired Lan, Canon Asia website shows Both Wired and Wireless! The other model I see on the web close to this is an old model MX357(still recommended by some), around the same price which has fax, but unfortunately lacks Separate C,M,Y,K,B ink tanks(I don't know why they're calling cartridges that! Ink tanks were previously or probably still are the CISS kits I guess which could be externally mounted, which they now say are Not Available for any model in Canon, well at least according to the dealer), memory card slot and auto duplex. Now am stuck in a monotonous loop of trying to figure out the pros and cons between the two! Both are similarly priced albeit would lack some damn feature or the other to pi$$ me off. One good outcome was I repaired my monitor yesterday at Ritchie so could sit again and read through all I could all this while.Will go today as my last resort, probably would have to make a double trip because there's my old dead printer to pick up and a CRT monitor that's given for repair to be brought back home and then I'll have to order the printer because it takes two hours to come 🙁 Just hope and pray I make the right choice at the last moment. It is really a tough job to research this stuff because of the lack of clarity on the websites and basically following Amazon remarks will put you off anything! There's always the "sucks too much ink," "does not work with one cartridge empty," etc, kinda remarks that scare the living daylights out of one. HP being the most harshly r@ped, oops, I mean rated of 'em all in the 1 star reviews!Who knows, probably one day, like my bitter half says, I might be loitering around Ritchie Street like a mad man! 🙁 Wish they could pay me though for doing all the damn painful research on their behalf! At least that would help me stay sober by knowing there's something beneficial of all the toiling and burning of the midnight oil, or rather the mosquito coil! 😉 Ah Well, Life Goes ON!!! Wish me luck and hope someone gets to check out the thread to know which models are there now, well, as far as Chennai is concerned at least. Let's see how things go, gotta get a two-hour sleep during which the power cut will act as my alarm at 4 p.m. 🙁 Later Friends and Bros... Nighty Night 😀

Well mhsabir, I have ordered the Canon Pixma MG5370(this lacks fax feature, notice the "MG", can only be made available on Monday by the dealer) because the other so called available models didn't cut it. The last option was between the above, the MX357(old model with Fax, no memory card, no separate cartridges and no auto duplex) and MX426(which is a good option because it has Ethernet, but lacked Auto Duplex and separate ink tanks), while the only other one was MX886, which if I had the cash would have taken it eyes closed because it is the most feature rich in that price, but it was 15 grand plus, consider the fact though that a model with fax is gonna be above 22k, but I doubt fax is very important over here, so I said F#CK IT and went for the damn MG5370 only due to the budget constraint. I tried to hold onto keeping the budget at 10k, but it got stretched by 700 bucks. Cost was mentioned as 10,350, then 10,500, then because of card it added up to the Rs. 10,700!!!Other models to consider for those considering a Canon could be E500(pushed majorly with the 800 pages tag, no WiFi, but I think some modifications can be done) the MP497(wi-fi) the MX426 for the budget around 8k dudes wanting fax and for the ones rolling in pennies and not dollars, the MX886, for the ones with the dollars there are just too many options to mention, but would be glad to help if a suggestion is needed.One thing that pi$$ed me off though is the fact that on the canon brochure it was showing Ethernet port for the MG5370, but on the website no mention of it. The thing is I had the specs photographed from my excel sheet at home on my mobile and yet didn't check to be sure because who would not trust a Company brochure, right?(yeah right! That too in F@#K*NG India!) Now it will only go to show when I receive the damn thing what I have to believe and if I was screwed DESPITE all the precautions! So there chromaniac, eat your heart out for me proving my S#!T luck factor once again! lol 😉 But let's not be too hasty in being judgmental and see when it arrives if I smile or weep BLOOD!!! I knew the interest in this thread/topic was dead once I saw the thread suddenly motionless. But thank God my persistence kept me alive to complete the task, or wait a minute, once the chicken hatches then we'll celebrate. 😀 For now, Monday will seem such a long distance for me, being the impatient one that I am and the one who has a fear of losing his life anytime.By the way FYI, few things I would like to mention, Ep5*n Printers person was telling me a strange thing, that when there was a sale stall for Printers, the dudes from the C@n*n stall went over to the Ep5*n stall to take a print on their printer saying, "This was printed on a C@n*n" on an Ep5*n Printer! How far this is true is left up to your judgment, but I do trust people sometimes with a pinch of salt, and proof can only stand via a real life test, but am not that rich to buy both a Ep5*n and a C@n*n to find out the difference. The model with similar features to the MG5370 in Epson is TX720WD but it costs way more(15k +) and equal to the MX886 so I think still Canon will escape on the cost front(knowing how cost finicky we people are in India) and also better features for the price. HP and Canon are mentioned almost in the same breath but due to your recommendations of staying away from HP have done so, hate paper jams and slow a#$e print response myself. 🙁Regarding CISS kits for the same, Epson is more CISS friendly over here it seems, but it is said that the same can be got for the Canon MG5370, will have to confirm that at a later date when my first set of cartridges are over. I did see some on Alibaba site and also the video on MG5370(one of the very few) on youtube of printouts taken with one such kit, only thing I hated about the video was the sped up video making it look like the freakin' printer was printing express fast and had texts in I don't know what language! It is a Common trait with most Chinese product videos or any other country with languages with alphabets that cannot be imitated by human body positions a la Y.M.C.A. lol 😉Got back the CRT monitor, L.O.T gone and so did 600 bucks for repairing it! All-in-all feeling miserable due to the lack of sleep and running around what with all the MFing "Take Diversions" and circle around all over Chennai to go from A to B it's kinda getting on my freakin' nerves considering the trips have to be made so many damn times. WTF is happening to freakin' Chennai. No Power, No Routes to travel in Peace... No proper roads and lights not put elsewhere, except smooth a#$ed ones only near the CM's and ex-CM's place, sweet. Lol I even forgot to mention that I saw two (bike) guys out in an accident because there was bridge work going on without any lights and only the next day the place was brightly lit up! Hmm so guess the saying changes from "It Happens only in India" to "S#!T happens only in INDIA!!!"See y'all around friends. Will keep you posted when the printer arrives, is setup and some action happens. Unless I'm put to sleep before that for being too open about s#!T. You never know and you may never know too if that's how they wanted it to be in our God Damned country. Pray for my soul to rest in peace dudes 😉 lol Take care and catch u later. Have a Happy Weekend while I rest my weak end. LMAO 😀 Oh and if any doubts please feel free to contact me 😛 Peace out _\/m

Okay firstly a BIG SORRY friends for not having replied earlier as my health got the better of me and just got a chance to get back online. So I did get the printer and it is really awesome and was still alive(the box looked really bashed up like as if Jim Carrey delivered it like in Ace Ventura! The flaws: No ethernet port as I feared. The other crazy point I was worried about too came true that you can only set it up either as wireless or will have to rerun the setup file to change it to USB connection. These crazy Egyptians!!!No sound from the technicians regarding the Epson so am considering it dead! The Canon Printer is definitely miles and literally the difference between night and day in terms of print speed, etc compared to the old one! I only gave execute and before I could move my freakin keyboard tray to check it out, the printout was already there! SPEECHLESS! The thing is it was an unbelievably tight squeeze to fit under my desk with literally not even a paper gap to go between the sides of the printer and the computer table. It looks awesome being black, but literally one freakin hell of a fingerprint magnet! Not noisy as some claimed on Amazon and hoping in the future to get some ink tanks, if I get the time that is, to do some serious printing.I prefer it being under there so that it will be unnoticeable and people won't bug me with the "Hey you have a printer no?! Get one printout of etc, etc, while you come here!" Thank God nowadays tickets can be got showing the message on your mobile or I'll have to be cursing about the cartridge costs. An ink tank is in my wishlist for my future endeavors though 😉As of now, quite a lot of hectic things to keep up with. Some systems to install (lack of time, electricity and good health is a pain in the ar$e!). AGAIN! The torture of house shifting looks like a very real possibility with my house owner threatening to raise the rent. And am seriously considering getting into a business of installing computers and becoming an odd jobs man! So anyone in Chennai with a need with anything related to electronics, mobile phone repair, computer installation, audio video installation, [or probably anything under the sun, moon or anywhere, except drug$ and I don't mind X doctor advice, but not prozzy work 😉] get in touch with me and I'll do the needful or at least guide you in the right direction(hopefully)😛 Just be kind enough to pay me for my services!(Damn that sounds bad!) LMAO!