Qualcomm finally gets BWA licence !!

IndianMascot

Addicts
ISP
Reliance, Tata Photon + , MTNL 3G Jadoo
After an 18-month delay, the department of telecommunications (DoT) has issued an internet service provider (ISP) licence to US-based chipmaker Qualco-mm, which will pave the way for the company to go ahead with the launch of broadband wireless access (BWA) services.

Qualcomm had won BWA spectrum in four circles — Delhi, Mumbai, Haryana and Kerala — for about Rs 4,900 crore in the auction held by the government in June 2010.

A senior DoT official confirmed the licence had been issued to Qualcomm and spectrum would be allotted as soon as the company applied. The decision came after the Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) order, earlier this month, had directed DoT to award the licence and allot spectrum within a week of Qualcomm paying the dues of its Indian partner, Tulip Telecom.

Qualcomm gets BWA licence after 2-yr wait

And finally Spectrum allocated to Qualcomm.

"Orders have been issued," sources at the Department of Telecommunications said in response to status of spectrum allocation to the company which has been pending since long.

Company sources also confirmed receiving spectrum assignment letter.

DoT allocates BWA spectrum Qualcomm

Would they launch 4G service on its own, under their brand name, or would they go for Indian partner/brand name?

I heard that they are doing tieups with Airtel and Vodafone for service roll out. That's the reason Mukesh Ambani was behind Qualcomm and it forced Regulators to reduce license period of 18.5 years only .

so what ?? Kaun sa mujhe Job se nikal dega yaar. Let him 1st get me aboard. They I will show complete Company Prem 😛

hmm so we will finally have high speed net with min speed of 4MBps at Rs750 PM without FUP 😀

Shehar basa nahi aur chuhe aagaye. Bhai yaha 40mbps ki baat ho rahi hai Aur 4mbps pe hi bathe ho.

. Airtel is giving 128kbps speed limit after the crap FUP u dreaming about 40MBps lol

hmm so we will finally have high speed net with min speed of 4MBps at Rs750 PM without FUP 😀

Lol..