Anyone who had been to Bhopal for SSB..???

• Thread starter Thread starter raman_286
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 8,878
Status
Not open for further replies.

raman_286

Regular
ISP
BSNL
I am going in for SSB interview at Bhopal....anyone who has seen the obstacle tasks there..??? Also how are boarding and lodging arrangements.,....please let me know...

Service Selection Board – SSB Interview Procedure5 Day Programs :The Candidates are called through “Call Letters” to appear in 5 days Tests at SSB ( Allahabad / Bhopal / Bangalore / Mysore / Varanasi / Dehradun ).4 Categories of Tests :1. Screening Test2. Psychological Test3. Group Testing Officers (GTO) Test4. InterviewScreening Test (First Day)After the individual has filled in certain Forms and also the Bio Data forms known as “Personal Information Questionnaire” (PIQ), the candidates will undergo two types of tests as under.1. Verbal and Non-Verbal Tests.2. Picture Story Writing followed by Discussion of the Stories.Note :Once the Screening Test is over, the results are declared within 1 hour of the completion of the test. Those who clear the test are required to stay back for the next 4 days and the remaining persons are dropped back at the Railway Station for their return journey. Psychological Test (Second day)These tests are in four parts as under :Thematic Apperception Test (TAT) – Commonly known as Picture Story writing.Word Association Test (WAT)Situation Reaction Test (SRT)Self Description Test (SD)Group Testing Officers (GTO) Test (Third and Fourth day)The following tests are conducted in this caregory :Group discussionGroup Planning Exercise (sometimes known as Military Planning Exercise)Progressive Group TasksHalf Group TasksIndividual ObstaclesGroup Obstacles RaceCommand TaskLecturetteFinal Group TaskInterview : (Held during afternoon/evening hours on 2nd/3rd/4th day)Note : Brief details of these tests will be covered subsequently.Board Meeting (Fifth day)The candidates are required to appear before the complete Board of Examiners comprising of President, Dy President, all the psychologists, all the GTO’s and Technical Officer. After the Board Meeting is over, the final result is declared within ½ an hour.Selected candidates are required to stay back for their medical examination (takes about 3 to 5 days) in the Military Hospital near by or at a different place and the remaining candidates are dropped at the Railway Station for their return journey.Note :Candidates appearing for the first time for a particular type of entry are paid 2nd class return journey fare from the place of their residence to the place where they have come for the interview.Accomodation and messing are free for the entire duration of their stay while under going SSB Tests.The Air Force candidates are required to go to a different place for medical examination on the specified date.Air Force candidates who had applied for ‘Pilot Entry’ have to first appear in ‘Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT)’. Those who are rejected in P.A.B.T cannot re-appear in this test susequently.

Bhopal is a bit tough as compared to other places, I've been to Bangalore and Bhopal, the ground task officer is such an ass.

Yup......but in Allahabad, it was horrible....beds were broken....mattresses were like rags.....and millions of mosquitoes....it was really tough to spend 3 nights over there....

----------

Bhopal is a bit tough as compared to other places, I've been to Bangalore and Bhopal, the ground task officer is such an ass.

Oh no....everyone says Allahabad is the toughest.....anyway lets see what happens....

Once upon a time ,long long ago I went to SSB Allahabad. (1979 Aug-sep?/)I wrote Combined Defence Service Exam /passed and got this SSB interview. By the way I got return First class train fare to Allahabad those days !I dont konow why people expect 3 star style accomodation in a military style recruitment camp?I can remember tent /barracks and sleeping in the ground on blanket only with my rug sack as pillow.I was in Junior divison NCC 3 TN Air Sqdrn for 3 years while studying High school and 2 TN Armed Sqn while in college (2 years)I have been to many N.C.C camps and always remember rough accomodation in tent or plain barrack/halls only.I wanted to go up fast in my career when I was 20 and was not that keen on joining Airforce/Infantry as a commisioned officer as it is a very rigid system.Anyway I failed in medical in SSB.I used to be too thin( under weight +chest not enough) and had traces of Esonophyilis. However fragile I was those days I did all the physical obstacle tests very well. ( I built up a body and some fat in my torso when later I joined a sales career /travel/thanks to Kingfisher-Golden Eagle etc.I was writing so many competitive exams .so all those theory /Aptitude/IQ tests looked like walk in the park. Be confident (not over confident) and give it your best shot.

Yup...... I am back.....Just had 4 rough days.....I had a bonafide certificate from my clg which said my final exams will be over in July.....but the day I reached there.....they rejected me saying that the course in IMA will start in July only and by that time I won't have completed my degree.....just travelled 2000 kms in 3 days.... 🙁

Status
Not open for further replies.