HD Channels now have ads

• Thread starter Thread starter baba_maal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 9,650
This is just the begining of ads in HD .. let there be a wider reach when cable networks too join in showing HD channels then see the fun .. there will be no difference between SD & HD channel except for picture and sound quality ...

Movies Now HD & History TV 18 HD are showing ads since beginning.Discovery HD and NGC HD show their own ads.Its recently that Star HD channels have started showing ads of Toshiba and iBibo. Its less but its beginning.I saw this on Airtel HD, and I am sure its on all HD DTH opertaors, as it is shown by channels. Now HD channel price should be reduced.

SVK bro prices never get reduced in India .. these channels will milk more money from consumers and also blast us with ads .. when cable operators also start showing HD channels which they will very soon since cable has to be digitised in the four metros by July 2012 then you will see the number of ads increase in HD since the reach would be wider ... I predict cricket coverage is going to get as bad as the SD channels ... only difference will be picture quality and sound ..

As i said - people have the habit of taking things lying down. Whatever is shown to us, at whatever charges......we will take it lying down, instead of may be taking up the issue with the broadcaster.

As i said - people have the habit of taking things lying down. Whatever is shown to us, at whatever charges......we will take it lying down, instead of may be taking up the issue with the broadcaster.
So lets form a group and do it ??

Neither DTH companies nor broadcasters promised ad-free HD broadcasting. It's simple logic of increasing popularity. In the beginning, 'HD television' scenario was just getting started in India. Vast amount of people had started purchasing LCD/LED/Plasma HD televisions. But at the launch of HD broadcasting, there were not significant number of HD STBs sold from DTH companies thereby the TRPs of HD programs were not high. Slowly but steadily, HD broadcasting started gaining popularity. More number of people started preferring HD programs instead of SD. No advertisement funda & stunning visual quality became one of the primary x factors for HD channels. Advertisements slowly returned in some HD channels. Less duration but yes broadcasters started showing ads. Circle got complete.In next 10 years when majority of popular SD channels start showing their HD channels & mainstream Indian consumers move to all HD channels viewership, do you guys expect broadcasters to show programs ad-free? Come on. Whole television industry's economic module is dependent on ads. No program or a channel can survive without ads. Advertisements were bound to show up on HD channels. I hope this clears up. 🙂

So lets form a group and do it ??

We can have a thread for that to see how much people support. It has to have some sort of numbers! Nonetheless i need to check what link has been shared by Vrij. I will submit my opinion there soon.

Neither DTH companies nor broadcasters promised ad-free HD broadcasting. It's simple logic of increasing popularity. In the beginning, 'HD television' scenario was just getting started in India. Vast amount of people had started purchasing LCD/LED/Plasma HD televisions.

But at the launch of HD broadcasting, there were not significant number of HD STBs sold from DTH companies thereby the TRPs of HD programs were not high. Slowly but steadily, HD broadcasting started gaining popularity. More number of people started preferring HD programs instead of SD. No advertisement funda & stunning visual quality became one of the primary x factors for HD channels. Advertisements slowly returned in some HD channels. Less duration but yes broadcasters started showing ads. Circle got complete.

In next 10 years when majority of popular SD channels start showing their HD channels & mainstream Indian consumers move to all HD channels viewership, do you guys expect broadcasters to show programs ad-free? Come on. Whole television industry's economic module is dependent on ads. No program or a channel can survive without ads. Advertisements were bound to show up on HD channels.

I hope this clears up.
🙂

So u mean to say till now the Channels were doing charity? Star HD channels are running since more than a year now. So were they making losses on that?

----------

Edit: Looks interesting - he link shared by Vrij!

We can have a thread for that to see how much people support. It has to have some sort of numbers! Nonetheless i need to check what link has been shared by Vrij. I will submit my opinion there soon.

Apart from individual responses, maybe we should join hands and pen a collective response on behalf of IBF.

No program or a channel can survive without ads. Advertisements were bound to show up on HD channels.

I hope this clears up.
🙂
Then they should reduce HD channel prices now 🙂

My HD pack of 12 channels costs me 150, while my base pack is 146 🙁

@ Jaymin I am game for a group . You be the leader and ill join you .. lets see who all is interested ..@ Hardik I am not totally against ads on HD .. but there has to be a limit .. like 1 - 2 ad is fine but if they start showing 10 ads in HD like they do on SD then whats the fun of HD ?? I pray that atleast the L shaped ads dont come in cricket on HD as that will be too hard to digest ...

I don't care if Star Plus or Zee or Colors HD goes for ads.. but it would be devastating for ESPN/Star Cricket HD/Ten HD to have adverts, esp during cricket matches!I'm game to join the group!

I don't care if Star Plus or Zee or Colors HD goes for ads.. but it would be devastating for ESPN/Star Cricket HD/Ten HD to have adverts, esp during cricket matches!

I'm game to join the group!
Vrij ESPN/STAR CRICKET already have adverts , what we dont need is banner ads and L shaped ads during play in HD ..

The banner & L shaped ads are not acceptable. Period. SD or HD is immaterial.. The channel is paid for via subscription, enough ads are thrown between overs. First, they buy the rights at ridiculous prices & try justify these ads by showing the cost. It is like buying Petrol at Rs.100/Litre & then saying to the customer - "Hey you know what - I paid 100 bucks for petrol, so you gotta pay me 20 bucks more than the normal charge for this ride"