belkin n150 adsl config missing? bsnl blocking ports??

This one's like a router custom made for girls, they cant mess up anything, coz nothing's there!

:iconrofl:

it does export the config, but in .conf extention.. tried it, its mostly encrypted with my pppoe and port forwarding info, thats about it.

If you get some time, please PM me the *.conf file, remove personal info (username-pass/pvt. IP/MAC addr./SSID/etc) if any... 🙂

alright, spoke to the vendor, he will take it back.. please suggest a router that isn't as uptight as an Apple device. @x720 u suggested TP-Link, which model?? are they any good??

Buffalo - have a look at the dual band ones sold on Amazon. Pretty nice. Asus - rt n13uAsus - rt n15uAsus - rt n16uI have no idea about Netgear and Cisco (the wag series is bad though) . Also, if you're spending 6k , Asus / Buffalol is way better than TP-Link.Read reviews before settling on any one

umm, was looking for a adsl modem router, these would be just routers... still wondering if a seperate modem and router would be better or all in one modem + router.will return device on tuesday, lets see then.. meanwhile I got a call from Belkin tech end today and they told me "choosing adsl mode was not an option provided for the consumer to choose" :argue: but it's this url that will let u choose: /adv_adsl.htmlvpn thing was a typical marketing thing.. conditions apply funda.. it's a VPN passthrough, not a device.strangely there's a new problem popped up, under wired lan connection, the connection hangs at 'website found waiting for reply'( ping works, trace route works, dns resolves) other software dont connect to net either, restarting PC or the router doesn't help. the lan cable needs to be disconnected and reconnected for it to work. strange i know! i have already checked and ruled out issues related to firewall, antivirus, drivers, lan settings, browser, motherboard options, OS change, static ip vs DHCP, different dns stations.. only way to resolve it is disconnect and reconnect lan cable.eitherways, not banging my head on this.. changing the router.

A seperate router is always better, gives you more choice. Any cheap modem will do. A beetel 110tc1 would cost around 500 bucks, works well.

dd wrt + my buffalo = same stability as stock + some more featuresnow, another D-Link would constantly drop connection, installed dd wrt on it, havent had any issues since then.dd wrt serves different purposes for different routers, the repeater mode is particularly useful, not to mention the out of the box VPN support 😉

yea, but most functions were already provided by the wndr3700, only the VPN thing was an addotion, which is why i flashed it. Thought i'D-Link it up with Asus rt-n10e with dd-wrt, but now im not sure if rt-n10e (lx) is supported 🙁bad luck man.. i have three spare routers lying with me, wrt54g v7, dir 615 a1 (currently bricked coz of power spike, but will replace the IC soon). both of which arent dd wrt supported..