Suggest a datacard /wireless/wired type internet connection in Chennai for a heavy user ..

• Thread starter Thread starter ThEDeviANt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4,654

ThEDeviANt

ISP
Sancharnet
Hi ,I am in Chennai and I am looking for a datacard /wireless/wired type internet connection . I am a heavy user with 25 - 40 gb download a month . Budget is not a problem for me . Friends , please suggest me some good providers and plans . The main thing for me is speed .Thanks & regardsDeviant

3G is not designed for this kind of usage. Period.The speed will fluctuate, and almost definitely will vary significantly based on the time of the day.But if anything, Reliance may be your best bet - if you purchased ~42GB it should theoretically cost around Rs4200/month (2x 2100 packs).

I thought Reliance does not have 3G in Chennai 😕

----------

A friend passed over Reliance 3G Tab - precisely quoting this reason...

I thought Reliance does not have 3G in Chennai 😕

Ah. Yeah. That wouldn't help much then 😀

In that case, maybe for 3G at that kind of usage he's SOL unless he wants to spend many tens of thousands ("budget is not a problem" doesn't help me ascertain when it would become one - I know I wouldn't want to spend =US$1000+ a month on 3G for a measly 40GB or so - for that money I'd rather rent a house in a city with fast Internet & commute... it's only a few hours by train to Hyderabad or Bangalore... just sayin').

^I have heard horror stories of people getting a lakh rupees of bill after using their 3G connections 😀

----------

My uncle who is almost 70, was called up by Aircel guys who said "Sir, you are having 2G connection, we will give you a free upgrade to 3G - at no extra charges" .. My uncle gladly obliged on hearing the word free upgrade.. Fortunately for him, he happened to mention it to me, a couple of days to a week later.. & I called up & blasted the CC on his behalf ... And had it unsubscribed... The damage? He was a casual user, hence he paid only 175-200 for some casual browsing + the original prorated 2G rates of Rs.98/month for that many specified days - instead of just Rs.98 for 2G unlimited

----------

Luckily, he did not get a taste watching youtube etc on 3G... otherwise without realizing, it would have given him a huge shock later...

^^I've heard such stories too, ergo my concern about his budget 😀

If some one uses up 30-40 Gb and that too in wireless- one should have minimum one GSM 7.2 mbps data card + another GSM 21 mbps data card each with a prepaid 3G sim.In chennai Airtel,Vodafone,Idea (on borrowed Voda network),BSNL,Aircel 3G works very well.One has to check signal strength in their home. I have got 2-5 mbps in Voda & Airtel networks. BSNL too is not bad though not consistent.Aircel has impreved nowadays and gives minimum 1.5-3 mbps. No Docomo/Reliance in south.10 Gb data pack in each sim .(can not depend on one operator only) Approximate budget 2500-3500 minimum. Keep renewing every 30 days.CDMA mobile BB like Tataphoton/Net connect/MTS not considered at all.