Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi Sacked

maniaco

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Jun 6, 2008
Bengaluru
Really a sad day today for the Indian Politics, Dinesh Trivedi presented a very good budget and increased the fare which was much needed for stopping Railway going to the bins like Air India. This was the first budget as far as I remember which did not have only trains from/to Bihar/Bengal.

...And now what happens Mamta Banerjee asks PM to sack him and replace with someone else. I remember, in one of his interview's Dinesh Trivedi mentioned that "Railway is in ICU and am trying to give it medicine". Hail Mr Trivedi for your bold steps..

Sack Dinesh Trivedi as Railway Minister: Mamata Banerjee to Prime Minister - Politics - Politics News - ibnlive

Mamata Banerjee, always keen to project her pro-poor and street fighter image, sent a fax to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh asking him to remove Trivedi as the Railway Minister and suggested the name of Trinamool Congress's Rajya Sabha MP and Minister of State for Shipping, Mukul Roy as his replacement.
"Yes, I have written to the Prime Minister seeking his replacement with Mukul Roy, another Union Minister," Mamata Banerjee, a former railway minister herself, said. She had earlier declared that the fare hike was justified and she would not allow it. She also summoned Trivedi to Kolkata.

----------

And here is some information about the to be Railway Minister.

Mukul Roy snubs PM, refuses to visit accident site - Politics - Politics News - ibnlive

RockingIndian

Regulars
Oct 19, 2009
Bangalore
I thought this was some stupid political joke Didi planned for the masses when I heard it. But, I believe our Govt. is still sensible enough not to sack him.

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
You wonder by the reactions, if the guy just increased price for increasing revenue and bring safety measures or was demanding 5% of profits from railway to his personal bank account...

maniaco

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Jun 6, 2008
Bengaluru
She will win again! People will forget everything by the time the next elections comes. This is the problem with public in our country!Ask someone, If they remember what happened in LokSabha when Government was trying to pass Lokpal Bill. BC Khanduri was the first CM to implement Lokpal in his state, what happened in the election? He lost!!

moindear

Internet addict!
Regulars
May 5, 2009
ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
BC Khanduri was the first CM to implement Lokpal in his state, what happened in the election? He lost!!

His case is different. He was appointed CM after his predecessor had messed up things. He did damage control and hence BJP did well in the elections. Its unfortunate that he lost :(

kickass

Super Adm1n
Regulars
Oct 3, 2011
Mumbai
if that crazy woman has her way indian railways will turn into another kingfisher in no time. the only difference is it will be a kingfisher many orders of magnitude bigger and then no govt wud be able to save it. when that happens then the only person to suffer will be the common man coz by then the debts will be so gigantic that it will ruin the economy of the country and along with that the rail operations wud have to be cut down drastically.what trivedi did(raising rates, safety devices etc)was not enough but atleast better than what tht crazy woman cud ever do. she is only interested in showing to the world that she managed not to increase rates. safety/anti-collision. comfort etc these things are irrelevant. As far as she is concerned rates shud be kept lwo and people shud travel liek cattle with no regard for their lives, well being and comfort.