Royall Screwed by Sify again.. Iam losing hope

I cannot believe this, 🙁 another round I lost to Sify I wish we get some good internet subscribers in my area soon since this has gone way too far now. Customer care has no answer to my questions and they invite me to cancel my account telling me they can file an application for a refund. Is God mocking me, he knows Sify is the only sevice provider in my area or is he still testing my patience. Bless us with another better service provider to end the regin of this evil and stupid corporation ignoring its customers.Sify cheats its users royally, the average consumer is not aware of most of its tricks and takes it for granted, like on the unlimited download packages were you aware that there is a download limit on that too. 😱 Most users are not aware of that and those who are find it the hard way by a download cap set on these unlimited accounts. The truth is you can download only 150MB data in a day, surprisingly this also includes uploads from your computer if your running a server or sharing some files. Now people uploading from you usually in other countries get very good speeds compared to yours since they have real broadband connections and this upsets you download to upload ratio. There you are barely making it the hotmail webpage and at the same time blamed for heavy usage of files since someone is uploading from you. First, I couldn't believe when i was told this by a "customer care executive" ooohhhhhhhh !!!! but then he told me that I don't use my connection like a normal user.aaaaggghhhhh !!!!! Another blame I don't how many I would have to take before Sify finally admits its our fault we don't have the infrastructure to support the facilities , but we like to lie to our customers and hide the limitations they should be aware of before signing up.

Yeah. Whenever any of our ISPs talk about download limits, know that they are talking about total data transferred, upload+download, or data throughput. By the way I don't have any problems with the download limits etc. on Sify because I don't download much, just doesn't come under my usage pattern. But I am seriously angered at the way my CTO manages things here, like it's been a week and my account is down because that ba*t**d hasn't renewed it after it's expired. I am considering moving back to dial-up (MTNL/Reliance) from Sify Broadband. Atleast I would be getting more uptimes than I am getting on Sify. It would be hard for me to adjust to dial-up speeds after experiencing even 64 kbps on Sify but I am really hating my downtimes and having to haggle with the CTO all the time. Too much for me. So one option you got is dial-up if not anything :-|

Where do you live. I believe you still can get at least another alternate provider in your area.

but then he told me that I don't use my connection like a normal user.[/b]

This particular quote of sify is particularly annoying. They want you to be the normal, ideal customer, who just browses, doesn't download software, doesn't use torrents, uses the official client etc ...

And if you got a problem with any of those, its not sify's fault, its just you being an "abnormal" customer 😕

Originally posted by gemini_shooter@Mar 1 2005, 10:12 AM
I cannot believe this,  🙁  another round I lost to Sify I wish we get some good internet subscribers in my area soon since this has gone way too far now. Customer care has no answer to my questions and they invite me to cancel my account telling me they can file an application for a refund. Is God mocking me, he knows Sify is the only sevice provider in my area or is he still testing my patience. Bless us with another better service provider to end the regin of this evil and stupid corporation ignoring its customers.
Sify cheats its users royally, the average consumer is not aware of most of its tricks and takes it for granted, like on the unlimited download packages were you aware that there is a download limit on that too.  😱  Most users are not aware of that and those who are find it the hard way by a download cap set on these unlimited accounts. The truth is you can download only 150MB data in a day, surprisingly this also includes uploads from your computer if your running a server or sharing some files. Now people uploading from you usually in other countries get very good speeds compared to yours since they have real broadband connections and this upsets you download to upload ratio. There you are barely making it the hotmail webpage and at the same time blamed for heavy usage of files since someone is uploading from you. First, I couldn't believe when i was told this by a "customer care executive" ooohhhhhhhh !!!! but then he told me that I don't use my connection like a normal user.

aaaaggghhhhh !!!!! Another blame I don't how many I would have to take before Sify finally admits its our fault we don't have the infrastructure to support the facilities , but we like to lie to our customers and hide the limitations they should be aware of before signing up.
[snapback]6300[/snapback]
[/quote]

Damn yeah,
I lived in Melbourne/Australia for 3 years and Internet services there were awesome. I use to pay $60 for my connection, unlimited download, and i use to download a 700MB movie in 1 and half hour. I came back to India and burning my blood now. WHY IN GOD'S NAME WE CANT HAVE A GOOD CONNECTION WHEN WE ARE AGGRYING TO PAY. WHAT THE HELL IT TAKES TO GIVE A GOOD CONNECTION. PROBLEM IS WITH s*ckING COMPANIES, THAT THEY WANT TO s*ck EVERY DROP OF BLOOD OUTTA ITS CUSTOMERS.
Its PATHETIC!!!

P.S. I'm moving back to Melbourne. Sify and other service providers can lick their back-end. F@gs

lolz.. me went a bit hyper in da post.. sorry 😛

this is very very bad of sify why do they have to have such a Dload limit i dont understand how the heck is the government letting them run thier company its marketing these acounts as a UNLIMITED connection while this 150mb dload limit certainly doesnt make it a unlimited connection due to this crappy rule i end loosing 5-8 days last being 13 days since use need this connection for more than 12-15 hrs in a day the usage goes up over 150mb heck i dont have any other option as here in my area all i can go for is Pacenet which is crap itself so i have to stick to sify and keep slapping myself with a slipper :mellow:

Yeah. Whenever any of our ISPs talk about download limits, know that they are talking about total data transferred, upload+download, or data throughput.[/b]

this is not true for MTNL 😀

in that u're downloads are independent of uploads...

also inetbum, go for MTNL, if u have the line...it's one of the best ISPs in whole India, at least for the time being... 🙂

No kidding! Trust MTNL/BSNL to be one of the best broadband ISPs in the end 😀. Kudos to them. Unfortunately I am located in a place where not even MTNL lines have been laid. Sucks.

Oh that's an old post at which time i had thought we would be having MTNL lines at our new location but that's not the case. Sify haunted me till here.But we have a Reliance wireless phone which used to give internet at hourly rates and it was ending up costing a fortune using it when Sify was down (to escape from which I'd taken up sify in the first place). So I got the Reliance wireless internet switched to a flat monthly plan of Rs. 650 after that post and use it as backup whenever Sify is down (which it is 50 % of the time). Would have shifted fully to Reliance and dodged Sify if Reliance gave a consistent 70 kbps speed which it doesn't. Instead it gives 10 kbps 99.999 % of the time. But it has faced a downtime only twice in a year as far as i can remember!! Can you compare this uptime with Sify's *rolls eyes*.