Airtel to launch 4G in 3rd week of March!

• Thread starter Thread starter shashankre
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 11,171

shashankre

Regular
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel
Just saw in NDTV Profit, Bharti Airtel to kick start its 4G services from 3rd week of March, starting from Kolkata.I strongly feel Airtel will launch its services with the iPad 3 (rumored to have LTE) thats going to be announced tonight!!

If I remember correctly they have rights in just four circles.

bhaihya....jaldi launch karo.dying to see Airtel's price points...

Delhi - Forever Alone! 🙁

hmmmm, 4G with airtel. seems like pricey affair.i doubt wether airtel would launch 4G on handheld devices. primarly 4G would revolve around wireless broadband access

bhaihya....jaldi launch karo.
dying to see Airtel's price points...

Welcome Back Bro...

umm..you want to know price from airtel... let me guess...400rs/GB or 500rs/GB... :iconrofl:

my guess is...2000 rupees50mbps till 10 GB afterwords 256 kbps unlimited1000 rupees50mbps till 05 GB afterwords 256 kbps unlimited

Hardly any devices/mobile phones in India for 4GSeems they will sell it along with modems, dongles for 4G.But will; be having same FUPs or high pricing.When we cant afford 3G, forget about 4G

The spectrum (2500 Mhz) that was auctioned in India is supposed to be compatible with TD-LTE technology. As of today there are no USB modems or handsets commercially launched anywhere in the world that are compatible with spectrum available in India. So Indian ISPs that will offer TD-LTE will get the custom made modems manufactured in China for Indian market.The LTE that is available in the US by Verizon wireless and for which iPad 3 has been launched is FDD-LTE technology and it needs 700 MHz spectrum. Auction of that spectrum was liely to happen in India in the current financial year but given the Supreme court's orders on 2G scam, that auction is on hold.BUT all these are just irrelevant issues because given its track record, Airtel will want to price its 4G (TD-LTE) services ar premium to prevailing 3G services and 3G services are so costly. So there may not be many takers for Airtel's 4G services.I'm still waiting for Reliance Infotel to launch its LTE service. That is the one to watch for because of their tendency to wage price wars in the markets where they enter.