You broadband : 10mbps for 750/- .... Is it for real ? or some joke on us ?

• Thread starter Thread starter cha_indian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 15,474

cha_indian

ISP
ADSL, DataOne
Just now i saw You broadband ads in newspaper about their new plan 10mbps for rs 750 ... I want to know from forum members about the actual ground reality

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/ypubroadband.jpg/

Are you talking about YOU TRANSFORMER PLAN ?? As I see on their website for your city Hyderabad the plan is 10MBPS uptil 30 GB and thereafter 2 mbps unlimited for 750/- is true .. Here in Mumbai I have opted for 12 mbps till 25GB and thereafter 1 mbps unlimited for 1102 .. and yes i do get pretty decent speeds when on 12mbps, maybe it does not touch 12mbps exact but I do get 5 - 8 mbps while downloading till 25GB .. You should find out how the connection is in your city as here In Mumbai it is pretty ok to be honest ..

Yes, it is the transformer plan !! Currently i am using beam tele and it works as advertised.....i get more than 100KBPS for 1mbps plan... i hope somebody from hyderabad speaks out about You broadband..

Hyderabad the plan is 10MBPS uptil 30 GB and thereafter 2 mbps unlimited for 750/- is true
Beam charges Rs1000 for the same plan! ?.?

Anyways if the service is good ..take it.

Just checked their plan for Hyderabad 10mbps upto 30GB then 2mbps Unlimited for 750/- :O is a killer plan dude :O I mean they beated Beam also :wow:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/ypubroadband.jpg/

Yea for some reason Hyderabad has luck with speeds man .. I would do anything for such a plan and that too for 750/- rs .. shame why cant they have same plan for other cities .. even after fup 2mbps unlimited is awesome ..

2mbps Unlimited for 3months with Bonus 10mbps bandwith for 90GB JUST 1999bucks That's Awesome Man !! Here in Kolkata 2mbps Unlimited costs above 2k for 1month 🙁

this shows what competition can do. have just one decent provider with good speeds and all others follow suit.

this shows what competition can do. have just one decent provider with good speeds and all others follow suit.
yup! first beam started the price war and now you broadband has come into limelight!

Also reliance and airtel haveslightly reduced their FUP .. their plans are still shit.

Well since this is my first (mostly) post on this forums, big HI to everybody on the forum!Back to topic, I live in malad west area, mumbai suburbs. I called up YOU BB on monday, asking for feasibility in my area. I was promptly answered by the CC people there who said that I'll be contacted by a tech. rep. regarding my issue within 48 hrs. I have yet to receive a call/mail from them lol.. though I did get a message thanking me for contacting YOU! Is this a veiled "No, we cant connect you"?I have read most topics on this forum, but still wanted to give YOU a try. Any suggestion for a better ISP? I am currently using TATA indicom 256UL plan@270/PM. Its cheap with awesome service but I want something faster.... I play stuff like AION and planning for GW2 so I need something that can download 10-15GB quickly, not the 6 day ordeal I experienced prior to my HDD crash....Regards.

I got a call from You telecom today that they are going to start feasibility study for my area. The caller also added that i have to pay Rs 500 for a separate box that he called 'Modem' ... i wonder what it is all about ?10mbps bandwidth for 1999 for 3 months...with beam, the good thing about beam is that i get what they promised but that still needs to checked for You