You broadband : 10mbps for 750/- .... Is it for real ? or some joke on us ?

• Thread starter Thread starter cha_indian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 15,475
I got a call from You telecom today that they are going to start feasibility study for my area. The caller also added that i have to pay Rs 500 for a separate box that he called 'Modem' ... i wonder what it is all about ?

10mbps bandwidth for 1999 for 3 months...with beam, the good thing about beam is that i get what they promised but that still needs to checked for You

Yes thats the amount they charge for the modem .. I think its refundable when you leave their service and return the modem back to them .. YOU broadband works via modem so you will need that from them .. I was given this pitch black color box Motorola make by YOU broadband ...

what happens if the box goes bad ? We will have to replace it or they will replace it ?

Here in Kolkata 2mbps Unlimited costs above 2k for 1month 🙁

am using BSNL EVDO Plan 750 n i get an avg of 2.2 mbps all the time

what happens if the box goes bad ? We will have to replace it or they will replace it ?

They replace the modem .. few weeks back my modem adapter got spoilt and you broadband replaced the adapter with no questions asked ..

I got a call from You telecom today that they are going to start feasibility study for my area. The caller also added that i have to pay Rs 500 for a separate box that he called 'Modem' ... i wonder what it is all about ?

10mbps bandwidth for 1999 for 3 months...with beam, the good thing about beam is that i get what they promised but that still needs to checked for You
10 mbps plan for 2000rs for 3 months?! which plan are you using?

am using BSNL EVDO Plan 750 n i get an avg of 2.2 mbps all the time

I meant wired not wireless. Evdo may be giving 2.2mbps all time but upload speed is too low and also direct downloads without IDM sucks and also pings very high so no CS 🙁

I meant wired not wireless. Evdo may be giving 2.2mbps all time but upload speed is too low and also direct downloads without IDM sucks and also pings very high so no CS 🙁

ohh k np.
yup upload speed sucks so a lot of my torrent ratios gone haywire these days. I would have opted for alliance bb long back but didint as i might move out from my current temp place (park circus) n it will probably be a year before i am back again so couldnt opt for wired connection due to that 🙁

Yup its been nearly a yr i played CS coz of the pings

on topic: YOU broadband seems to be improving. today i saw its ads on wach and every page of TOI O.O But still there's no connectivit in my area! -_- happy with beam for the time being.

It's nonsense! I had it for three months with 25GB limit and 10mbps, only on paper 10mbps! I hardly got speeds above 1mbps and YouTube videos of 360p used to buffer! That too so many times there was no connection. It's a bad Joke really!

after 25gb,how much will be the speed rate ?(bangalore)

[TABLE="class: pdn_desctxt, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: pdn_deschd"]Plan Name
[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 4"]HURRICANE YOU
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: tblrowcss"]
[TD="align: left"]Validity (In Month)[/TD]
[TD="width: 20%, align: left"]1 * [/TD]
[TD="width: 20%, align: left"]3[/TD]
[TD="width: 20%, align: left"]6[/TD]
[TD="width: 20%, align: left"]12[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: tblrowcss_alt"]
[TD="align: left"]Data Usage [/TD]
[TD="width: 20%, align: left"]25 GB[/TD]
[TD="width: 20%, align: left"]80 GB[/TD]
[TD="width: 20%, align: left"]175 GB[/TD]
[TD="width: 20%, align: left"]375 GB[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Speed Upto[/TD]
[TD="width: 20%, align: left"]12 Mbps Upto 25 GB, thereafter 1 Mbps [/TD]
[TD="width: 20%, align: left"]12 Mbps Upto 80 GB, thereafter 1 Mbps[/TD]
[TD="width: 20%, align: left"]12 Mbps Upto 175GB, thereafter 1 Mbps[/TD]
[TD="width: 20%, align: left"] 12 Mbps Upto 375GB, thereafter 1 Mbps[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: tblrowcss_alt"]
[TD="align: left"]Plan Charges[/TD]
[TD="width: 20%, align: left"]1122/-[/TD]
[TD="width: 20%, align: left"]3370/-[/TD]
[TD="width: 20%, align: left"]6740/-[/TD]
[TD="width: 20%, align: left"]13481/-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"] [/TD]
[TD="class: search-box, width: 20%, align: left"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: pdn_descsep, colspan: 7"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"] * Rs.700/- Installation Charges Extra[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 3, align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Well bro here in Mumbai while i am on 12mbps I get download speeds sometimes 300kbps , sometimes 600kbps and very rarely touches 1mbps while downloading which I feel is pretty decent for the money .. and after 25gb i do get 1mbps speed wherein I get 100-110kbps while downloading .. all in all its average and decent so far for the price !!

Is the same transformer plan available for Pune? I am on the you broadband 1 Mbps unlimited plan and pay around 1900 Rs for 3 months.