Google Play Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 79
  • Views Views 9,861
But global rights would easily help them surpass the iTunes store. On a side note, flipkart seem to have given up on flyte. The one album I bought from there, still isn't available in 320k, and Warner's music is still missing from their catalogue. Universal won't be willing to sell, neither would Sony. Now, EMI is one option they could look into. They're in a pretty bad state as of now.EDITEMI is done 😛 Never knew it'd been broken up and sold off. Probably, if Access is willing to sell WMG, which again I doubt, that could be something.

heh yeah. Sony acquired emi which means that there are three major labels left. and of course google and Apple would both struggle to buy any of these players because of antitrust issues i bet. the best course of action would be that these labels ignore their greed for a while to ensure that their music is legally on sale throughout the world in digital format. heh. lol. not going to happen.

But what have the labels got to loose by selling their music worldwide anyway ?Also, is it possible to buy music off any of the online stores (not those shady Russian ones), using an indian credit card ?

i think they killed that online store. allmymp3 something right? of course, you can still download it legally online. buying from the russian store did not make it legal as per the labels. 😀as for flipkart, they seem to be adding new content regularly. i am yet to find anything that they did not have. though i have ended up buying a totally different version of the song i wanted to purchase which made me sad. the preview is not long enough and the quality sucks ass.

i think they killed that online store. allmymp3 something right?

Yes, it was called AllofMP3. But still, there are loads of sites that operate on the Universal Access License, or something like that; and those are precisely the ones I want to steer clear of.

of course, you can still download it legally online.
Where, where, where ?? 😛

as for flipkart, they seem to be adding new content regularly. i am yet to find anything that they did not have. though i have ended up buying a totally different version of the song i wanted to purchase which made me sad.

Alright, I checked once again. The seem to have got most of Universal's catalogue, their Sony offerings are impressive too. Warner and EMI seem to be missing 🙁 Practically useless for me. 🙁

the preview is not long enough and the quality sucks ass.

argh. i meant illegally. 😕

i see the buy button on songs on google music. and i click them regularly. and all i get is an error page. very annoying. it's not like i would pay a dollar for a song 😀 flipkart pricing has spoilt me enough.

Yes but this article only speaks in terms of averages not gross...what flurry has tried to highlight here IMO is Google's inability to monetise well due to a not so seamless purchase experience...However I wonder how the stats would look if only the US was considered for Play also..

Amazon users already have their credit card stored on their accounts. Google had few products requiring users to turn on their Wallet accounts before Android (Google Paid Storage?). And of course, US people are more likely to have credit cards. Also, people installing Amazon AppStore on their phones would be looking to buy apps offered at discounted prices compared to Google Play Store. They would not be installing it to get the free apps! Tons of factors are involved.