Google Android Ice Cream Sandwich for Samsung Galaxy S II

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 5,837
Kies would probably be a safe option if you wait for a couple of days. I still wonder how Kies would mess up your phone during the download process. It should technically download the update and then install it on your phone.

----------

HTC got ics update bwfore samsung, this will not do any good to samsung

well htc rollout is in limited region. samsung releasing ics for s2 globally tomorrow. (not for custom devices like the ones sold in the us market through carriers)

Let me just repost what happened with me last time.....Kies showed me that an update is available, so i connected the phone and was updafing it. Now it downloaded the update, the phone went into download mode and the update was getting installed.After it reached 31%, it stopped due to an error as it could not launch some program within the software eventually bricking my phone.That time onwards i have made my mind to never use Kies again to uodate the OS.

Jaymin root your phone and use mobile ODIN. If you need any help you can ask me have done this on many phones.
Plus NEVER use PC Odin as you might end up with yellow triangle or increased binary count.

----------

and forgot to mention i need ICS for my NOTE 🙁

Mobile Odin is too costly on the market, but seems a good option. But didnt get you about the PC Odin, I have flashed using PC Odin many many times between custom ROMs but never had any issue...

If you want the apk for the mobile odin i can provide.with mobile odin even if you flash custom rom / kernel or anything you wont get triangle or counter.before ICS its imposible to reset counter on NOTE so S2 might also get a bootloader update thats the reason to have mobile odin and be safe

but once on ICS you can reset the triangle so there's no point.

That is not a sure shot thing. Because the triangle away uses the bug that shows hidden partitions so its quite possible that they will hide those partitions again.

that's disappointing. Google should evolve an updation policy for it's Android partners. for ex: for the handsets which are compatible with the latest updates, it should be delivered within 2 months. if the top end phones of the leading mobile cos are getting updates 5-6 months late, it is pretty unfair to the customers.we know that android unlike Apple updates, has to be customized by each Handset Manufacturer. then also the delay is too much

Shouldnt someone with good experience at installing ROMs, create a thread on how to install ICS on S2?? Apart from helping people on forum, it will also bring more traffic to the site i guess!

I know that, u know that, many others know that.....but when someone searches on Google, that person might not be fully aware! He will go to the link that is thrown up by Google. In that context i felt that we too can have a thread.