• Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 4,545

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
They are aiming to become the Tweetbot of the Google Android world. Big aims I must say.

I am installing the alpha build to see how good it would turn out.

If you are looking for a new Twitter app for Google Android, this might interest you!

Boid for Android

An update will be pushed within the couple hours that will include:
1.) Conversation viewing (on double tap)
2.) Improved tweet expander interface (everything is faded in the background, even clickable spans, and there's some space added to edges of the expanded item)
3.) Enable SSL preference now works
4.) Clicking an expanded tweet now collapses it
5.) Retweeted indicator bug is fixed, now displays who retweeted the status again.
6.) Many bug fixes and interface improvements

Coming soon:
1.) A complete tweet composer, with media and location attaching
2.) Background notifications for mentions and direct messages
3.) List position saving
4.) Lists and saveable searches

Updates are getting faster. Getting used to it.

would probably take a long time. it is in alpha. would get a beta round. the next update should make it usable as a regular twitter client as they would finally fix the compose box with photo uploads.

Waiting for them to get a beta version atleast, the good thing about this app is that it has a stong potential to destroy other twitter clients of Android! The way they are developing is pretty impressive!

i still prefer the official twitter app. they have a lot to do to come anywhere near the official twitter app forget other apps. but then, being an alpha app, i am probably expecting too much from it. i just hope they fix the caching issue so that the app remembers the last read position. currently it reloads the latest tweets. does not remember anything from the last session. totally makes it useless for most people.

But if this and twitter app serve the same purposes, then whats the difference between the 2 :S

Havent used anything specific (Tried Lemma) - But I suspect the experience is just like using different browsers... Some search features, accessibility etc

i still prefer the official twitter app. they have a lot to do to come anywhere near the official twitter app forget other apps.

but then, being an alpha app, i am probably expecting too much from it. i just hope they fix the caching issue so that the app remembers the last read position.

currently it reloads the latest tweets. does not remember anything from the last session. totally makes it useless for most people.

The official twitter app is quite worthless on tabs, thats where the third party apps rules the show!

But if this and twitter app serve the same purposes, then whats the difference between the 2 :S

choices?

Yep. Thats what i understood from Sabir's example of browsers - easier comparison for me to understand.

Dont know why Gravity is not in Android. Awesome app. Just bought gravity for Symbian and its very good.Guess we need something like that in Android, one app caters to all social networks...

essentially the older tweetdeck did exactly that. not sure about the new version.